GP2X Generally On Gp2X Wiz?

e_b

Still Fresh
Firstly if you've never played this game I recomend taking it for a spin (pun intended).

It's a fun top down racer, completely customisable and has track editor and everything. It would be great is this was on the Wiz - is it possible at all:

PC specs 200 MhZ, 16 MB RAM, 2 MB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeneRally_(computer_game)

tantele.png

mondega.png

usa.png

Thanks for taking the time to read this post :)

I believe the original writer might release the source code if asked (I recall reading about this a couple of years ago) - is it still a no-no due to Linux?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge :(

With the source code anyone with enough knowledge could make a port to the Wiz or any other system. I hope you can get it.

Well I will not be able to make the game, I am happy to try and get the source...but is anyone willing to give this a go?

Actually, the game depends on DirectX. That effectively rules out the possibility of a Wiz-port. Compiling it for the Wiz would then pretty much be one step from a complete rewrite. Don't make the assumption that sources somehow means that things can run on everything and anything, you'll just build up false hopes.

Thanks for everyones input. It seems V1.06 should be coming out soon too - at least that's something to look forward to :)

Back