GemRB

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
Open letter to the developer of GemRB:

I love your work and wish you the best. Playing BG and IWD on my pandora is awesome. PST is a fond expectation too. I am officially sending you all the moral support i can muster in the ever appropriate support forum :)

He didn't make GemRB, he just ported it. Most of the stuff you see on the Pandora was probably created well before the thing even existed.

Well GemRB is not perfect...

It won't run the GOG version of the games :(

And unfortunately thats the version I have MEH :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me how? , It just keeps crashing here...
I literally just copied the entire contents of the installed directory from my PC and placed them in appdata/gemRB/bg1

Same here, though my PST won't actually play. I just get a large blue screen where the characters should be, though the menus all work fine.

He didn't make GemRB, he just ported it. Most of the stuff you see on the Pandora was probably created well before the thing even existed.

Of course. If it helps I love the developers work AND the porters work :)

To get rid off the blue area, it's neccessary to copy all files from 'data' subfolder to the root of PST folder. In case of i.e. BG2 I had to copy contents of CD2/3/4/5 subfolders (Data, Movies) to the 'data' folder in the root of BG2 folder.

Found this tip on gp32x forums.

When I copy CD2 and CD3 contents into data on IWD, there is one file that there's two of. Should I overwrite the one in data with the one from CD2?

To get rid off the blue area, it's neccessary to copy all files from 'data' subfolder to the root of PST folder. In case of i.e. BG2 I had to copy contents of CD2/3/4/5 subfolders (Data, Movies) to the 'data' folder in the root of BG2 folder.

Found this tip on gp32x forums.

Just to confirm this for anyone searching on how to make Planescape: Torment work on Pandora (as I have been the past few days) - cube48 is spot on, here (thanks, man!). Removing all the data files and putting them into the root of PST folder makes the game run. I haven’t tested it properly yet, but the intro movie works, the blue screen that plagues you after character creation is gone and despite some audio stutters, it runs smoothly.

You may be asked to replace one of the files when transferring them to the root – I clicked on yes to replace it (it was the same size). Nothing bad has happened (so far) but I'd advise keeping a back-up just in case. If you've got it from GOG then you should be able to re-download it anyway.

I have heard Planescape: Torment is a highly regarded game. (I am not into CRPGs nor D&D but this game sounds sufficiently unique to pique my interest.)

So, to cut a long story short, I'm planning to play through PST on my Pandora. I copied the contents of my installation directory to the pst subfolder and ran GemRB 0.8.5. I start a new game and I'm taken to character creation screen. After assigning all points, I click accept and I then get a blue screen with a cursor on it. :mad:

I search the forums and found this thread. Thank you @cube48 and @Writing Ronin for the solution - I will try loading CDs 2-4 and copying any additional files over to my SD card before trying again.

Please note that GemRB doesn't fully support Planescape: Torment. It's completable but missing some features.
Another option would be to run the original game with box86, but I'm not sure how well it will run.

I was thinking of the original one, I've got in on GoG and there even seems to be a linux version (though I'm not sure if it's native linux or if it packages wine with the game)

Well, the enhanced edition needs windows and opengl 2.x: https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86-compatibility-list/issues/101
Thanks @ptitSeb - I should have clarified that I meant the original release of PST. GemRB does not support the enhanced edition.

Please note that GemRB doesn't fully support Planescape: Torment. It's completable but missing some features.
Welp I was starting to come to that conclusion after testing on the weekend! :mad:

I copied CD #2 - #4 files to a subfolder named "data" and re-ran the PND. It does fix the blue screen problem but I have a few game breaking bugs.
  1. Mortes speech files do not play.
  2. Morte conversation text/subtitles do not appear. (So no conversation audio nor text - makes all Morte interaction impossible)
  3. I can not bring up the menu wheel.
The GemRB log refers to missing folders such as "Speech" and CD 5? o_O

Is it possible to complete this game on Pandora? If yes, did you use the GOG release or the CD editions? Appreciate any advice that anybody can spare.

I think I may have tried GemRB with PST some time ago but back then it wasn't even completable so I didn't play it much.
I'll try to get it running with box86 (the GoG version, I don't have the CD version) and report here, but don't expect this anytime soon.

I got PST to run, but gemrb itself at the time was in a partial working state with the game. I remember playing through the intro without issues, just not sure where the breakage is.

Anything with Gemrb was a bit fiddly to get right if I recall.

Has anybody got PST playable on Pandora?

IDK what I'm missing to get into a playable state. I've attached a md5 of my install folder if that helps. (If anybody has this working, I would be highly interested in a checksum report of your install folder so I can see what my problem is!)

Attachments

• pst install.md5.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 100
Back