Release GemRB - Infinity Engine

ReZ2436

Still Fresh
Hello, first post !

As a fan of Bioware titles on my PC I was interested to read from the following website (http://linux.prinas.si/gemrb/doku.php) regarding an open source engine that has been developed.

The wiki reads :

GemRB (Game engine made with preRendered Background) is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine which was written to support pseudo-3D role playing games based on the Dungeons & Dragons ruleset. It should run on GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X and possibly other UNIX derivatives. It is licensed under the GPL.

I originally bought this up when I owned my GP2x but it was considered a bit underpowered to handle this but I wanted to ask the question now the Pandora has become the star attraction.

I for one would be very interested seeing a port and i`m pretty sure i`m not alone on this one. :D

As my dev skills are non-existant I wanted to open this up and see if it was a possibility. I speculate that as it's licenced under GPL it free to use and also as its capable of running on a Linux based system this really shouldn't cause too many headaches.

Thanks for any input into this topic.

ReZ :ph34r:

Someone started to port it to Nokia N8x0 some time ago but the project died:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forum ... ight=gemrb

Nice youtube-vid in there to tease a bit :)

Maybe someone can pick up the code of that Project and continue development, as it is made for OMAP2.
There is no link to the source, but it must be somewhere.

Edit:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forum ... ight=gemrb

Edit2:
Adventus said on gp32x:
If nobody else is working on it, ill port uHexen2, Stratagus and GemRB first.... they should be easy to port nothing fancy. I also have an Abstract 2D particle based minigame in the works. If only bloody uni didn't take up all my time.PS: I hope i manage to grab one of the first 3000.

Yea, I'm a big fan of the Infinity Engine games. I'll probably start porting GemRB after my GP2X apps.

I'll start from the SVN base, i don't see much advantage using the N8x0 version.

Adventus said:
Yea, I'm a big fan of the Infinity Engine games. I'll probably start porting GemRB after my GP2X apps.

I'll start from the SVN base, i don't see much advantage using the N8x0 version.

That will make some people really happy :D I love RPGs :)

Well the chances of me buying a Pandora have just gone up 200% ! :D

On another note would we be able to implement use of the touch screen interface ?

Thanks

ReZ2436 said:
Well the chances of me buying a Pandora have just gone up 200% ! :D

On another note would we be able to implement use of the touch screen interface ?

Thanks

The touchscreen should just work automatically; it is seen as an input device just like a mouse and will map presses and coordinates accordingly. As long as he doesn't remove the mouse control code there is no reason for it not to work.

I gotta say if you could avoid putting bioware games onto the pandora, it might stop me from ruining my life by playing these games... constantly... and I never got the play planescape! :<

*Cheer* for anyone that gets underway with something like this

Back