Release Gemrb

JurnD said:
Hi,

It's been a while since I last showed myself here. Gemrb 0.6.4 has been released and I will try to get the pnd done tonight, or tomorrow night if I can't make it tonight.
I'll try to fix the saving problem as well.

Cheers,

Jurn

Thanks, much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
JurnD said:
Hi,

It's been a while since I last showed myself here. Gemrb 0.6.4 has been released and I will try to get the pnd done tonight, or tomorrow night if I can't make it tonight.
I'll try to fix the saving problem as well.

Cheers,

Jurn

Many thanks Jurn :)

Sorry guys,

I'm having a libpng12 problem and I haven't been able to figure it out yet. It's driving me crazyyyy ;) . Will try again tonight.

Jurn

Most libpng versions are binary compatible, so can always just PRELOAD or symlink or otherwise trick it to use older libpnd :)

jeff

skeezix said:
Most libpng versions are binary compatible, so can always just PRELOAD or symlink or otherwise trick it to use older libpnd :)

jeff

Hi Jeff,

I solved the libpng problem, however the compiling of gemrb is causing me alot of different smaller problems this time. latest problem: Somehow libgemrb_core.la is not created. There are no errors. It just is not there. I'm now going through the logs and websites.

Congratulations on the good (hard, but very good) news.

Jurn.

Any news? I'd love to see a new version and I really hope that someone or this update will fix the yellow-text-issue (I still have it and it makes playing...not impossible but annoying enough to not play it at all.

This is still my all-time-favourite PND (if it works like it should)

I'm confused on how to get the widescreen mod working.

I ran the widescreen mod patch, and told it to patch it for Infinity Engine usage, not GemRB (that seemed to be what I was supposed to do...I guess not?). PST works just fine, but it doesn't run widescreen.

Any tips?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give you some info on why my GemRB tinkerings are dead at the moment. After trying to port gemrb0.6.4 unsuccesfully I quite suddenly started a new job and i haven't really been home for over 6 weeks now. Let alone have time for working on GemRB. The pandora itself remains a true companion during my weeks from home but i'm afraid i won't be able to do some work on GemRB for quite some time to come. I urge anyone else to try and port 0.6.4. Up until 0.6.3 it wasn't really hard or problematic. Maybe i have been sloppy with 0.6.4. I don't know. Perhaps in about a month or so i will have some free time again. Sorry, and keep working this beautiful machine.

Thanks and cheers.

Jurn

Still no fix for the yellow text issue in bg1? Bummer.

EDIT: What did you change in the cfg file to fix the text in Icewind Dale? Any chance of uploading a PND containing the updated CFG files for both BG1 and for Icewind Dale?

GemRB 0.6.4 released on repo.openpandora.org

Please let me know any bugs in the comments, i will try to fix them asap.

Cheers,

Jurn

thx for the update JurnD!

The thing about some text beeing unreadable kept me from trying GemRB until now. I'll try BG and will report bugs that I may find.

Could you please add some description on http://repo.openpand...gemrb-jurnd.001 ? Many people will not know what your pnd does. Also some info that the original files are necessary would be nice, along with the info where to put them.

A link to this thread as "Website" would also greatly help!

Nevermind my first Edit. I searched the net the whole day and found some answers regarding BG1 and widescreen. It seems to work (installed BG1 and its Addon on win7 64, Linux install of ws-mod will not work due to binaries ARM <-> x86 issues; therefor widescreen patched on windows; got several errors because the patch tried to access my DVD drive; worked anyway; copied over to ext3 SD card) but the site where an updated GUI mod is supposed to be is offline.I didn't find any alternative download. Maybe some of you still have it and could upload it some place?

I tried GemRB & am pleased to see Baldur's Gate fully working ! I still need to tweak the processor speed for the fight intensive scenes, but so far so good. Is it possible to set the clock speed per application ?
Aside from that, I cannot get Baldur's Gate II & Icewind Dale to play. If have the GOG versions installed on my hard drive & copied the contents to pandora/appdata/gemrb/bg2 & pandora/appdata/gemrb/iwd. When I launch the games, nothing happens. Any idea what is going wrong ?
thanks,

Loïc

^ To tack onto that, does anyone know if there is any way to get Baldur's Gate II running smoothly(ish)? Last I checked, in GemRB 6.3, it played OK until some enemies were around or spells cast, etc. and then it would slow down considerably until the fanciness had passed. Just wondering if there's some configuration changes we could do to the graphics to lower the resource usage (like the Baldur config program in the Windows version) to make it more playable.

Many, many thanks to JurnD btw. This software is just too good not to have on the Pandora.

is there a way to make the games full screen on linux using wine? i also only have the GOG files

DaMummy said:
is there a way to make the games full screen on linux using wine? i also only have the GOG files

The instructions given here should also work with wine.

The site where the fullscreen GUI mod can be downloaded is online again, I will try it out just now.

EDIT: dang! the fullscreen mod doesn't support 800x480 px. I asked the developer of the mod if he could implement it though.

Is anyone else experiencing major hiccups during playback of sound effects? In bg2 I get lots of stutter from magic sound effects.

please post back on your findings for fullscreen(800x480) on any of the games

Back