Release Gemrb

Michoko said:
Great! Will it be the same version on the app store (0.6.3)?

I don't have permission for apps.open-pandora.org yet. Perhaps ED can give that to me? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh sorry, what I meant was: on dl.openhandhelds.org, will the version change (something like 0.6.4) , or do I have to download the PND again and see if this is the updated version which is now available?

JurnD said:
Michoko said:
Great! Will it be the same version on the app store (0.6.3)?

I don't have permission for apps.open-pandora.org yet. Perhaps ED can give that to me? :D

Nope, only Craig can, he coded that :/

Last edited:
Finally got around to trying this out on my new Pandora.
BG1 works great in widescreen AND switching between nubs and stylus, (Thanks to all!)

Couple of questions though:
Where/how can I find the gemrb cfg files? I would have thought that they were under appdata somewhere, but I'm not seeing them.
When I copy files to the root of bg2 to fix blue screen issue, do I overwrite AREA*.bif's if they match? I have tried various combos of overwriting/renaming the same named files with no luck...
And last, on 0.6.3, iwd works okay with or without the expansions, but if I include HOW, all my character's are invisible now... anyone else run into this?

I really appreciate JurnD's and whoever else who has contributed on this, it is the most fun I have had on my Pandora aside from controlling all my servers at work with Remina via nubs - (good times, good times)...

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give!

BDB66 said:
Where/how can I find the gemrb cfg files? I would have thought that they were under appdata somewhere, but I'm not seeing them.
When I copy files to the root of bg2 to fix blue screen issue, do I overwrite AREA*.bif's if they match? I have tried various combos of overwriting/renaming the same named files with no luck...
And last, on 0.6.3, iwd works okay with or without the expansions, but if I include HOW, all my character's are invisible now... anyone else run into this?

Hi BDB66

The cfg files are inside the pnd file. You can create a custom.cfg inside /appdata/gemrb to try you own config.

All i did was copy all the files from data/Data to data. I think i overwrote a couple of files. You could check your /tmp/gemrb logfile (not sure what it's named right now) to see what files cannot be found.

Lastly i would have to check why the characters would be invisible, could you perhaps check or post your logfile for this?

Thanks for the feedback.

Jurn

I tried playing using BG2tutu using BG2 configuration of gemrb 0.6.3 and I have a small problem. The dialogue area is shifted down. The buttons below the dialogue cannot be selected. When I talk to someone, the dialogue box expands and then goes back to the very bottom. Is there a fix for this? The place where the dialogue box should be is just a static image from the map. I only installed Ease of use, EasyTutu and degreenifier.

JurnD said:
BDB66 said:

Hi BDB66

The cfg files are inside the pnd file. You can create a custom.cfg inside /appdata/gemrb to try you own config.

All i did was copy all the files from data/Data to data. I think i overwrote a couple of files. You could check your /tmp/gemrb logfile (not sure what it's named right now) to see what files cannot be found.

Lastly i would have to check why the characters would be invisible, could you perhaps check or post your logfile for this?

Thanks for the feedback.

Jurn
Hi Jurn,

Thanks for the reply. I deleted all .bif files from /data and brought them in letting newer ones overwrite and bg2 is working now. I will post the iwd log soon now.

These appear to be the culprit:

[CharAnimations]: Couldn't create animationfactory: chmf1g1 (6100)
[Actor]: Unable to determine movement rate for animation 6100!
[ResourceManager]: Searching for chff1g1.bam...[ERROR]
[CharAnimations]: Couldn't create animationfactory: chff1g1 (6110)
[Actor]: Unable to determine movement rate for animation 6110!
[ResourceManager]: Searching for cemf1g1.bam...[ERROR]
[CharAnimations]: Couldn't create animationfactory: cemf1g1 (6101)
[Actor]: Unable to determine movement rate for animation 6101!
[ResourceManager]: Searching for cimc1g1.bam...[ERROR]
[CharAnimations]: Couldn't create animationfactory: cimc1g1 (6003)
[Actor]: Unable to determine movement rate for animation 6003!

I don't see these files in my pc directory either...

UPDATE: I made a custom.cfg from the iwd.cfg and changed the game type line to 'GameType=how' and - voila! no more invisible characters. It also makes Trials of the Luremaster playable in gemrb as well from what I gather in the gibberling3 forums.

Thanks,

Brad

edit: added log snippet
edit2: solution.

Cheers,

BG1 runs lovely over here with 0.63. Sooo biiiigbigbigbig thank you for bringing that game to the Pandora...it will occupy me for a couple of months (and after that there's BG2 and IWD)

Couple of questions though:

Is there a way to fix the yellow on yellow-font-issue within BG1? Am I the only one experiencing this?

It would be nice if the Howto-Info could be updated:

It took me quite a while to find out what gemrb wants where as it just quits without any error if not everything is in place. The "DATA" folder alone is not sufficient. I just copied the whole PC-Install folder to gemrb/bg1 and that works now, but I still don't know what really is necessary.

-EDIT- I took out, what I answered myself ;)

fvig2001 said:
I tried playing using BG2tutu using BG2 configuration of gemrb 0.6.3 and I have a small problem. The dialogue area is shifted down. The buttons below the dialogue cannot be selected. When I talk to someone, the dialogue box expands and then goes back to the very bottom. Is there a fix for this? The place where the dialogue box should be is just a static image from the map. I only installed Ease of use, EasyTutu and degreenifier.

Sounds like it's trying to play in 800x600 resolution, which is too big for the Pandora screen. Use the widescreen mod to set it to 800x480 (really 800x482, but losing two pixels on the bottom doesn't hurt us).
Also, since BG2tutu/BGT imports BG1 into BG2, starting characters will be at the wrong level, since BG2 starts characters higher than BG1. You'd have to change the starting xp number in clskills.2da in the GemRB override directory to actually start at first level, which might be tricky.

theres another issue with my BG1 besides the yellow text...i cant save a new game. if i load the supplied totsc game i can also save it to a new slot. if i start a new one i can hit save as often as i like. it wont save and the dialogue stais open. any idea ?
gemrb .63 bg1+totsc with widescreenmod

jottt said:
theres another issue with my BG1 besides the yellow text...i cant save a new game. if i load the supplied totsc game i can also save it to a new slot. if i start a new one i can hit save as often as i like. it wont save and the dialogue stais open. any idea ?

jottt - I was able to coax black text out of Icewnind dale via a hack on some of the resource files. It's not perfect as it shows the dropshadow, but it works. If you are still interested, I can do a quick write up with BG - I will have to try it first, but it should work on BG if it worked on IWD.

I haven't run into a save problem with 0.63, but you might check the gem.ini for the save location...

Brad

The save problem still occurs in IWD. I had to make bg1/mpsaves to get saves to work.

Running from a dvd installation I also had to copy the CD2 and CD3 data to Data to get rid of the bluescreen :)

BDB66 said:
jottt said:

jottt - I was able to coax black text out of Icewnind dale via a hack on some of the resource files. It's not perfect as it shows the dropshadow, but it works. If you are still interested, I can do a quick write up with BG - I will have to try it first, but it should work on BG if it worked on IWD.

That would be really nice. I'd like to read the texts ;)

I haven't run into a save problem with 0.63, but you might check the gem.ini for the save location...

Brad

I checked. Nothing seems wrong. I don't think it's a config-issue, because: I can load a Savegame, it shows up, so the folder must be correct. If I load this game, I can also save to a new slot. If I start a new game, I cannot save. Neither to a new slot nor overwriting an old game. When I try to delete an old game, BG1 locks up. I should check if I can save on Windows...maybe it's no gemrb issue but one of the widescreen-mod.

appdata (and PND) are located on SD with FAT32.
Source is a Windows installation of BG1:tosc with widescreen.

[/quote]

[/quote]

jottt - Sorry for the late reply. I was REALLY busy at work these last two weeks - I will try to post a quick guide tonight or tomorrow.

Brad

[/quote]

jottt - Sorry for the late reply. I was REALLY busy at work these last two weeks - I will try to post a quick guide tonight or tomorrow.

Brad
[/quote]

Hey guys. Brand new poster. I've gotten a Pandora and I've been trying to get gemrb working. I have this text problem too.

I would greatly appreciate a fix for this as well. I'm running Baldur's Gate: TotSC through GemRB 0.6.3.

Just got my pandora yesterday and I've set up gemrb with bg1 but I can only get it to run in a windowed mode. How do I get it to go fullscreen?

EDIT: found out it goes fullscreen with pressing f. Also found the 0.6.3 version on openhandhelds.org.

Michoko said:
BAFelton said:
Also, how do you make it "fullscreen" like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYX0wAL6WAI ?

Thx.

Untick the "fullscreen" setting in the game options screen (yeah I know, sounds illogical, but for BG1 it works that way)

Game options screen? You mean running it on the PC first?

In the options of the game itself ( audio ect...) to put fullscreen.

I have the same problem with the savegames.

To solve the issue, I created my character and saved it with gemrb 0.62. Then I play with 0.63.

Hi,

It's been a while since I last showed myself here. Gemrb 0.6.4 has been released and I will try to get the pnd done tonight, or tomorrow night if I can't make it tonight.
I'll try to fix the saving problem as well.

Cheers,

Jurn

Back