Update Gemrb 0.8.5

I was about to ask what was this PST I never heard about... then I realized that I always called it PlanEscape Torment

Unless you plan to contribute to the development of gemrb, you probably won't have much fun with PST support in its current state.

From what I've read, the PST support is still incomplete. The game can be roughly completed, but most of the gameplay isn't fully implemented and many stuff non critical to the main quests are not fully working.

Actually IMO it's quite good progress, especially considering that most of the actual reimplementation work is done by one guy.

[BUMP]
Hi all :)

I finally had a chance to get a copy of Baldur's Gate (Virgin interactive / White Label / 5 CDs) ! Just installed it on Debian 10 x86_64 with Wine and scp'ing the files to the Pandora as I type !

EDIT: copied the DATA, movies, Music, Override, scripts, Sounds directories plus chitin.key and dialog.tlk to appdata/gemrb/bg1, and it seems to be enough to get the game running.

So far the game runs in 4:3 aspect ratio. I understand there exists a widescreen mod (https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tools/widescreen/), I'll try to give it a try ASAP.

Cheers, Magic Sam
[/BUMP]

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Back