Gemini Rue port

Done - will let you know what he says...

EDIT: Dave got back in touch really quickly and was interested in details, so I've fired him over an email :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's the lowdown - chatted to Dave at Wadjet Eye Games, who has been a real gent. He bascially said that he's looking into getting games like Gemini Rue to portable formats, Pandora now included. However, the large amount of time required to sort out the AGS code into something which can work for those sort of formats is something they currently dont have. The source code is sprawling, messy and complicated, so rejigging it for portable formats is a large task and something they currently cant dedicate the required time to.

They've actually had full mobile development studios who want to port their games, but they backed off quickly when they saw the scope of the work involved.

That said, I found a guy who ported AGS to Android, and while it's not perfect, it works well enough to play games like Gemini Rue.

So, the general feedback is that Dave is happy to see these games reach more people, but time and work is a big factor.

If we can find someone willing do get the work on getting AGS to Pandora (I think several people were already looking into it?), then we're set at least on a SCUMMVM style basis. A direct port itself would take longer.

So, is there anyone out there looking to get AGS to Pandora? I'm happy to stump up some cash for it as I think it would be hugely beneficial to the Pandora community and the more devs we get on to this system, the better and more attractive the system becomes - look at the good VVVV, Forget Me Not and other indie titles are doing for Pandora...

I love graphic adventures, and I've been really wanting to see Adventure Game Studio make it to the Pandora for ages, I remember regular threads popping up enquiring about it on GP32x as well. I totally agree it would be hugely beneficial to the Pandora community an if it kept on being developed, would see a huge influx of graphic adventures appearing for the Pandora, as i've said in every other thread about this, I really, really hope this develops. I can't currently code (well), but if I can help out in any way I will! We need a real well organised effort to make it happen!

Well it seems like there's good peeps like WizardStan and Cloudef working on it as we speak:

They've got something that's partly working, so we're not far off seeing it. Which means we may get great point click adventure titles like Ben Here, Dan That eventually working on Pandora (I downloaded a basic version of AGS for my Android phone and it works on that, which is very cool).

Well it seems like there's good peeps like WizardStan and Cloudef working on it as we speak: http://boards.openpa...re-game-studio/

They've got something that's partly working, so we're not far off seeing it. Which means we may get great point click adventure titles like Ben Here, Dan That eventually working on Pandora (I downloaded a basic version of AGS for my Android phone and it works on that, which is very cool).

Many thanks to WizardStan and Cloudef for working on it, heres to finally seeing it on Pandora! :)

Back