GP32 Geepee32 Version 0.40?

cdoty said:
Does version 0.40 of Geepee32 support command line options, and does anyone have it?

What is wrong with version 0.43? The link to 0.40 is broken, but 0.43 is still okay
on Firefly's page here.
The command line options are described there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhiteFalcon said:
What is wrong with version 0.43? The link to 0.40 is broken, but 0.43 is still okay
on Firefly's page here.
The command line options are described there as well.

Version 0.43 doesn't recognize the command line options. Build 33 does, but it crashes on launch.

I had a setup, at one time, that worked nicely with GP32 Generator.

If you are using GeePee32 to develop can I recommend a much better alternative? Well it works very well for me.

I used Slubman's firmware with PC-Link. Using my Macintosh to develop, I used maclink to transfer and run freshly compiled executables straight to the GP32 to run by passing copying anything to the SMC card. This is a godsend for developing and makes the develop/test cycle really fast and a pleasure to use.

The procedure i use is:

Start up GP32.
Start up PC-Link option from Slubman's firmware.
Plug the USB cable in.
Make my executable.
Upload the gxb/bin, not the elf or fxe! The maclink command I commonly use is: maclink ul -x /gpmm executable.bin. You could even include this in your makefile.

slaanesh said:
I used Slubman's firmware with PC-Link. Using my Macintosh to develop, I used maclink to transfer and run freshly compiled executables straight to the GP32 to run by passing copying anything to the SMC card. This is a godsend for developing and makes the develop/test cycle really fast and a pleasure to use.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately my (Vista and XP) systems does not even see my GP32 when connected to USB.

I usually prefer an emulator to do most of my the development, and test on the real hardware occasionally.

cdoty said:
Version 0.43 doesn't recognize the command line options. Build 33 does, but it crashes on launch.

I had a setup, at one time, that worked nicely with GP32 Generator.

You are right, well, with a bit of googling, I came up with this. It is version 0.40 and the link there is working :)

WhiteFalcon said:
You are right, well, with a bit of googling, I came up with this. It is version 0.40 and the link there is working :)

Thanks for that. I think I searched for the filename, and only came up with broken links or link backs.

Ironically, 0.40 silently seems to ignore the command line parameters. Maybe I'm not remembering things correctly, and it would only launch GeePee32, and I had to manually load the program.

cdoty said:
Thanks for that. I think I searched for the filename, and only came up with broken links or link backs.

Ironically, 0.40 silently seems to ignore the command line parameters. Maybe I'm not remembering things correctly, and it would only launch GeePee32, and I had to manually load the program.

It's been so long I really don't remember, but I think I always had to load the gxb/fxe manually.
Maybe only smc loading works.

Back