Ge On A Pandora.

I'm getting file not found errors now. A missing library or something, I would suspect. I'll futz with it a bit more. You're probably on the right track, and getting these to run on a Pandora should be possible, it's just a matter of figuring out which pieces of the puzzle are missing.

edit: well now this is odd. Even ldd is telling me file not found. And yet it is most definitely there. I can't say I've ever seen this before.

Wow... It shouldn't be this difficult. U don't happen to have a wiz to make sure the files even work do you? ... Then again, my software came out before the wiz so idk if itl work with it. Go ahead and test on wiz if u have one.

Btw thanks for doing all this futzin

oman said:
Wow... It shouldn't be this difficult. U don't happen to have a wiz to make sure the files even work do you? ... Then again, my software came out before the wiz so idk if itl work with it. Go ahead and test on wiz if u have one.

Btw thanks for doing all this futzin

I would love it, if this or some other game creator was ported. If it was possible, would it be making games on the pandora itself or would it be making games for the pandora on another computer.(if that makes sense)

Thanks

Chris

(PS I know it's all hypothetical atm)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking around for some other game maker programs and came across this large list at http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.php. I'm not really sure what I should be looking for so maybe somebody else good check this list for possibly useful programs for game development on the Pandora. There are not only heaps of game makers but links to other programs which help to make music and graphics. If its an open source program then does that mean it could be used for the Pandora? Sorry if this seems really nooby.

Shaun. said:
I was looking around for some other game maker programs and came across this large list at http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.php. I'm not really sure what I should be looking for so maybe somebody else good check this list for possibly useful programs for game development on the Pandora. There are not only heaps of game makers but links to other programs which help to make music and graphics. If its an open source program then does that mean it could be used for the Pandora? Sorry if this seems really nooby.

Ahh as the thread has strayed onto other game makers, I feel it's appropriate to once again plug Novashell. Could be coming to Pandora, too, if Clanlib get's ported to OpenGLES...

By the way could anybody find a contact email at ambrosine.com? Wanted to introduce them too Novashell.

lulzfish said:
If it's open-source, then it's quite possible for someone to port it to Pandora, assuming it doesn't depend on a closed library such as DirectX.
Does being open source mean it can be ported because theres a program called platinum arts sandbox 3d game maker which makes quality games using the cube 2 engine. Its actually so simple to use that it was designed for children but the demo levels I've played are quality stuff. The program also has a multiplatform version and theres enough tutorials to help get you started. However so far I've only figured out how to make the environment.

Cube 2 is based on OpenGL and there's already a Linux version, so there's a chance it will be ported to Pandora eventually.
It seems pretty complex, though, I'm not sure how long it will take or when somebody will start on it.

Lol, well not to disrupt the general flow of this topic, but GE doesnt even work on the new gp2x. Only f100 and f200 :( . If anyone wanted to do me a giant favour and look at the GE source code that would be awesome! If makslane (head GE person) asks you how you can conribute/what your up to, just tell him your helping oman with a possible port to the Pandora or GP2x wiz. Dont worry, hes amazingly nice so he'll understand.

EDIT - Imagine what we could do with GE on the pandora or GP2X WIZ. Its amazing...

Back