gbax.com give away my gp32 to others

tazmania

Still Fresh
Hi,

After reading several posts about how good Craig and gbax.com is, I placed my order of 1 Gp32 Backlit Console on 7 Apr 2003 at gbax.com and patiently wait for it to ship out. Last Friday I received an email asking for my phone number b4 they could ship my unit. By the time I reply the email, they sent me an email saying its too late to ship out on Friday,will ship out next Tuesday, which is today. Today I got an email stating its ship out. 25 min. later another email saying "sorry we couldn't ship it out to you because Gamepark have not sent us the correct amount of BACKLIT GP32". My unit was supposed to sent out last Friday just like everyone else. It got delayed and now it is backordered. Then I read posts about several members got the wrong unit and will be receiving a BACKLIT gp32. i just want to be treat fairly just like eveyrone else. I am about to go on an extended trip and was counting on having this before the end of this week, now I am not sure.

I am really upset now and I am sorry, but I have to let out my frustration and share my experience about buying item from gbax.com. I really hope Craig can do something about it.

a disappointed angry customer

Tazmania

geez! I feel for you. And theres me worrying about receiving an email telling me my order has shipped and I only ordered it yesterday.

I'm sure you'll get sorted soon.

There were no labels to diferentiate the backlit versions from the standard ones, and thus the standard ones were mistakenly sent out. It's a hard mistake to avoid, so please be understanding and try not to get too angry. I'm sure you will receive your order soon.

My order should be sent out last Friday, but it got delay until today. If I got email saying the order is shipped out and 30 min. later the item is backordered, what do you think of this? I understand when order get delayed, but cmon if an order is ready to ship, how can it get pull off and redirect to other customers? I don't see how can someone run a business like this. You need to satisfy all customer, treat them equally. If one customer get a wrong item, you don't just take order from another customer. It's like the car dealer, if one car wheel cover is missing, just pull one from another car, but if both cars are taken, what do you do? Of course you can't satisfy both customers, but do you still pull the wheel car from another car and knowing you will upset the other customer and lose his business?

All I am trying to say is This is not a good business practice. Most posts I read on here are about how good gbax.com is. I just want to let others know my experience.

Taz

it really sucks when you pay a lot of money and your order gets delayed and messed up.

BUT -- it's important to keep things in perspective. Craig is a valuable member of this community and he's always helping out on the boards here, besides that his small "mom and pop" style shop is doing the best they can to keep up with the new relatively booming supply for the GP32 interest. I have dealt with them a couple of times myself, all very satisfactorily, and so have many of the others on this board (and other boards)

It's important to support "the little guy" especially when he's kind of going out on a limb to do this stuff for the community. Yes it sucks that you plunked down a fat wad of cash and expected to get your system in time to go on your trip - well man, it's too bad, so you have to wait another couple of weeks, at least you can be sure that gbax.com will do the best they can to make sure you're happy! (on top of that, it's been a holiday and all that - and the backlight GP32's are BRAND NEW on top of that!!)

All you can do to ease the process is have a little patience and treat them with the same respect as you'd like - if everyone goes around bashing these small companies, maybe they'll get tired of serving the community and then we'll have to go "the long way around" to get these goods - ordering straight from Korea or through sketchier sources. Appreciate what you've got, or maybe someday you won't have it anymore.

- a satisfied customer

Its also good to note that Friday and Monday were holidays in the UK - ie no post. If your not happy about whats happened you can get your money back and go elsewhere or wait a while and get your loverly GP32 plus backlight.

I'd personally wait.....

We didn't give your GP32 backlit to others, Gamepark didn't send us as many as they said they had, in fact they seem to have packed out the boxes with normal GP32s which i am personally furious about.

If you had put your real phone number it would have shipped on thursday, in the correct order of 'first come first served', we have offered your a refund and are expecting the next batch of backlit ones in about a week.

I'm really sorry to everyone who got a non-backlit one, we tested 3 of the 4 boxes, the problems are from the 4th box which was labled as all being FLU, and my sample test of 10 were backlit, it seems however they were not all backlit.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

tazmania posted on Apr 22 2003 said:
I understand when order get delayed, but cmon if an order is ready to ship, how can it get pull off and redirect to other customers? You need to satisfy all customer, treat them equally. If one customer get a wrong item, you don't just take order from another customer.
I doubt that's what happened, but obviously I don't work there so I can't say for sure. What's more likely is that they shipped out the standard GP32's before the sent out the backlit ones, then they realised they'd sent the wrong ones out by mistake and so cancelled your order so that they could be sure they sent you the correct version.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Apr 22 2003 said:
We didn't give your GP32 backlit to others, Gamepark didn't send us as many as they said they had, in fact they seem to have packed out the boxes with normal GP32s which i am personally furious about.

If you had put your real phone number it would have shipped on thursday, in the correct order of 'first come first served', we have offered your a refund and are expecting the next batch of backlit ones in about a week.

I'm really sorry to everyone who got a non-backlit one, we tested 3 of the 4 boxes, the problems are from the 4th box which was labled as all being FLU, and my sample test of 10 were backlit, it seems however they were not all backlit.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Not that its any of our business, but how many FLU units did you ship out to everyone? :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what it comes down to here is that the GP32 is a great machine but the people at GP32 in Korea are inept and poor buisness people.

Shit happens...Don't worry, be :D...

I don't like the way you talk about the people at GamePark... :angry:

I have been in contact with them several times (e-mail and phone) and they are more then happy to give you great service...

To Craig annd others,

I didn't bother to attach your email to me saying my order will be filled on the first batch and I placed my order on April 7, 2003. I have included my phone number when I placed my order, so please, I had be patient enough because your assistant Jacqulyn sent me an email asking for my phone number. I have her email reply saying it's too late to ship out on Friday and my order will be ship out on Tuesday. She is so sure my order can be ship out on Tuesday and how can Gamepark's wrong shipment change my supposed to be shipped out item on Tuesday??? Of course, you want to make other customers by sacarficing others. But please, don't blame Gamepark for not shipping my order to me. I also got this confirmation before your assistant email me 30 min later saying my order can't be shipped out.

"Hello,

This is confirm your recent order from us has now been sent to you.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to recieving your order in the
next 24 hours, if you chose UPS shipping you should recieve your order in
the next 48 hours. Airmail will take 2-12 days
...."

Just be honest.

I am not happy at all,
Craig, at least be sincere and apologize, instead, you accuse me of not giving you my phone number???
Hmm, I ordered my stuff from play-asia, first time I order from you, and this is what I got, I don't know how you can run a business like that , if you are really trying to please your customer, that's just not the way to treat a good customer.

I have said enough, if you don't plan to do anything about it, then that's the end of it. I just hope people knows how to run a good business.

Taz

whoa, take a chill pill peeps.

Righty, lets get one thing straight - mistakes happen - you have ordered from a small company with limited stocks of machines, the advantage with small firms is that you can ring up and actually speak to a real person - try ringing up somewhere like Lik Sang !!! Small firms are more concerned with customer service - you will be sorted in the end !!!

Hmm... the bloody phone number...

I also ordered my GP32 at gbax.com and recieved no shipping confirmation. After 2
days I got a mail, saying that the delivery is delayed and my GP32 should be shipped
by the end of the week. On monday the next week, 6 days after my order, I still had
no confirmation, so I sent them an email, asking politely if the delay will last longer
than expected. I got an answer the same day, that they haven't got my phone number.
I thought that I really forgot to fill in my number when I ordered, but I was slightly
pissed, that I had to first send them a mail, to get the information that something
was missing. But no prob, at least they said that my order will be dispatched, as soon
as they get my phone number. So I sent it to them. A day later, on day 7, I got another
mail that they also need my Town and Postal Code. This really pissed me off. I thought
that they could've told me that in the first place. So after all I had to write them 3 mails
until they got all the needed information to ship my GP32.

But I have to say, that they shipped my GP32 the same day and the next day I was already
holding it in my hands, so what's the point in bitching around. I am content anyway with
the service, since the packet and the device were in absolute mint condition and even if
I had to write them 3 times, they always responded fast and polite.

I didn't know first, that Craig is a member of this scene, but after all I read about him and
his company since then, they are cool guys and surely doing good work given the rush
demand they probably have to face. I would order there again, since I would always prefer
to support a small company and a deserving member of the GP32 scene, to a company
like lik-sang, even if it means to wait 2 or 3 days longer to recieve the packet.

I forgot to say...

The problem with missing shipping information seems to be a problem
with the credit card paying form. I remember that the telephone number
field was not mandatory. How my town and postal code got lost during
the process though... I have no idea! Perhaps the whole process needs
still some fine tuning. You should get an email immediatly if you didn't
provide your phone number or other shipping information.

Back