Gbax 2007 Coding Competition Entries Online

Wait, game editor should not be there, it was made way before the compo, it was not coded especially for it!

Guyfawkes said:
nickspoon - i updated your entry last night, is there a newer version? if so ill update it again. btw: your download link isnt working.
This is a binary update which fixes crashing on some 2Xes. I think the one I sent you was just a level thing. I'm not sure what's up with the download link, but it seems to work if you go to my site then add block.zip to the URL. Probably something to do with a dodgy host.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some really nice games... even one that is fully 3D (and it's pretty good too) :)
Edit: Damn... it needs a "z" button for climbing and I guess that's supposed to be the stick-click which I don't have with a dpad :(

Thanks a lot for all these great new games!

I'm waiting for the torrent to turn up... too tired to grab everything individually... tired and lazy. And lacking in batteries.

But once I've got things (of the battery variety, as well as others), I'll be on these like a shot. There's some *very* nice looking entries :D

Btw: Not sure if it was quite the same thing, but I've played tower defense-like games on BBC micros, I think. Basic premise of set up towers to kill enemies before they get into the castle has been around for a loooong time. The elaborations on it might well be newer though...

nickspoon said:
Guyfawkes said:
nickspoon - i updated your entry last night, is there a newer version? if so ill update it again. btw: your download link isnt working.
This is a binary update which fixes crashing on some 2Xes. I think the one I sent you was just a level thing. I'm not sure what's up with the download link, but it seems to work if you go to my site then add block.zip to the URL. Probably something to do with a dodgy host.

I will update the download on the compo page, easier for everyone that way in case they miss the post here.

skeezix said:
Did all this Tower Defence craze come from Warcraft 3 mod? or was it around before then?

I remember playing that in WC3 one night, it rocked, and for some reason I never touched WC3 ever again :p
For me it started with StarCraft, there are a lot of custom maps on this premise. I started it after a member's suggestion here though.

Now all safely installed on my SD card for tomorrow - 'rubs hands like Mr Burns! Excellent'! :)

:eek: Knightlore! :ph34r:

(Must... Not... Play... With... GP2X... Tonight... Must... Sleep...)

Tobriand said:
I'm waiting for the torrent to turn up... too tired to grab everything individually... tired and lazy. And lacking in batteries.
It's up :)

Julius said:
Some really nice games... even one that is fully 3D (and it's pretty good too) :)
Edit: Damn... it needs a "z" button for climbing and I guess that's supposed to be the stick-click which I don't have with a dpad :(
In 10 minutes I will release(In my topic) a special GPE to work with d-pad modification. It is just to few strings of code since FleshChasmer I uses 10-buttons gamepads without Z(stick click) in Cradle Mode.

I have tried a bit some of the entries, and i have already found some funny games:
- Knight Lore: Great remake! :)
- Ruck-Man: Lovely Pac-Man with great graphics! :D
- Glouton: Nice puzzle/arcade! ;)
- Blast Riot: Funny game! B)
- Mister Block: Minimalist arcade! :unsure:

quasist said:
Julius said:
In 10 minutes I will release(In my topic) a special GPE to work with d-pad modification. It is just to few strings of code since FleshChasmer I uses 10-buttons gamepads without Z(stick click) in Cradle Mode.

Quasist, your game is amazing, in fact I believe that it is one of the best of the competition. However, there are a few translation issues that I'd love to help you out with if you wanted. If so, just get in touch, and we can work together.

Has anyone played the entries for the other platforms? I'm sure there are lots of us who don't have access to the hardware who'd like to know how they play.

Nova said:
quasist said:
Julius said:

Quasist, your game is amazing, in fact I believe that it is one of the best of the competition. However, there are a few translation issues that I'd love to help you out with if you wanted. If so, just get in touch, and we can work together.

I think the bad grammar is on purpose.

Back