Gba Emulation?

FFNoir

I
Website
Visit site
Does anyone know if it would be possible to emulate the GBA on the GP2X, I know it would be a bit more difficult than the SNES. With the source being released wouldn't it be possible to edit the firmware to run .gba files natively? This a bit of an odd question for a system early in development... but I'd like to be able play "Yakusoku No Chi: Riviera" portably (I have the U.S. version but I hate the Voiceovers)

your gonna get flamed. edit your post to say, that you already have a gba and that game and you just would like to conserve space in your suitcase by only taking one handheld system

I thought it would be implied by me having the U.S. version and all... I also have the Japanese version, but I figure once someone releases a Translation hack for it, i'll be fine, considering I will then have english text but Japanese VoiceOvers...

gba emulation = maybe
editing firmware to play gba games nativly = not possible

but, there is a gba emu for the gp32, called gpadvance, which does something similar. it doesnt emulate the main cpu of the gba cause its binary compatible to the gp32 cpu (and also the gp2x cpu) the emu only emulates the other parts of the gba. if this emu gets ported and much improved (using both cpus, and the 2d accelerator) it could get fullspeed. but thats much work!

Well that sucks... I just want to keep my inclusion of stuff down to a minimum, I can only bring one duffel bag...

Riviera is spiffy, isn't it?

The voice-overs did not make my ears bleed, so I will be fine.

Back