GP2X Gba Development Handy?

Trip

Sorry, but I suck at explaining stuff :P
Website
ubuntufs.wordpress.com
I've been wanting to get into programming for years but have found it hard to actually get started on it.
I decided to see if it would be possible to get into writing code for the 2x, but there doesn't seem to be any noob friendly tutorials that can walk me through all the basics of coding + setting up all the development tools etc.

I did stumble across a zip file on a torrent site, that has (from what I've read so far & actually understood) a very easy to follow tutorial + all the development tools included, that can be setup in about 1 minute. I'd much rather have something that I can start to code straight away with & go back & learn all the development setup etc. at a later time.

The codes all in C & from what I've read so far, the tutorial takes u through everything that u need to learn to programme for gaming consoles. Would this be a waste of time or is the hardware on the GBA close enough to the hardware on the 2X, so that I will get a good enough base knowledge & be able to swap to the 2X hardware later on without having to re-learn everything again?

The problem will be when you get into low level audio/video routines - the GP2X wouldn't be programmed the same as the GBA in this respect. Game logic would probably be very similar though.

In terms of hardware, the GBA nad GP2X are pretty different ( I have developed on both ). Unless you do any ARM ASM, chances are that your apps won't cross over as much as you would normally like due to the approach in programming. The GP2X is like a low powered PC and the GBA is more akin to an old school console.

If the design is right though, the game logic should cross nicely with lot or no modifications to the code.

Back