Gay marriage declared legal across the US in historic supreme court ruling

I was at the pub the other day and this guy was telling me why he hated "faggots" so much. 

He said it was because what they would do is get people blind drunk then sleep with them and in the morning chant "You're one of us now" or something to that effect.  That gay people were predators and deviants.

The guy seemed to get pretty angry when I suggested was so specific it must have happened to him. :D     

The resistances to gays are caused by an irrational hatred fueled by bigotry, ignorance, prejudice or religion. However people don't want to admit those are the real reasons so they always hide behind "tradition"  You should really question your viewpoint if you can't be honest about the real reason behind it.
Did you notice what you just did?

You (rightfully) condemned someone who is putting a big group of people into a single bag (homosexual men = sexual predators) while putting an equally big number of people into a single bag because of an opinion that can have many different reasons and is never exactly the same anyway.

This is bigotry. You are not so different from this man and don't even notice it.

People often condemn what they don't understand and make their life easier by declaring those who they do not understand as dishonest and putting them in the "enemy"-drawer, you did exactly the same as this dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
:( We as the netherlands are being surpassed on so many levels by the US now, gay rights, use of marihuana... The only small things we have left is abortion and euthanasia but those will be covered soon...
Don't say it like this is a bad thing. If more and more countries adopt these policies then "we" have set a right example. B.t.w. drugs have never been legal here, we just agreed to overlook it.
and then the netherlands only "unique" aspects will be that our country is realtively small, and most of it is below sea level.... :(
I don't derive my sense of self value from accidental membership of a group (i.e. the Dutch) that is unique in some way in the world. That's a form of basking in reflected glory.
It is not a competition, it is just about embracing your freedom and responsibility (which is a lot harder than having the government decide everything for you).

"And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'."

Now that the wind is turning, the "new majority" will be as implacable as the previous one in the way they rule. This is all a game of power and companies/politicians go where voters are and act in consequence, no matter what they said or were thinking 10 years ago. 

https://www.facebook.com/SONY.PSX

The latest trend.

Actually, a lot of companies are using the rainbow filter or colours now. Maybe a Rainbow coloured Pyra should be released as well?
 Your link is broken. What are we supposed to see?
 I think you need a FB account to see it?

Try this one, https://www.facebook.com/celebratepride?_rdr=p&__mref=messageinstead. 

The latest trend.

Actually, a lot of companies are using the rainbow filter or colours now. Maybe a Rainbow coloured Pyra should be released as well?
It might be confused for an old Apple product then.
Hahahahahahah, yeah you're right!

old-apple-logo-apple-4235002-294-394.jpg

Bah! Everyone needs to stop bickering, myself included, and go get married, if you are allowed to and want to.

In case you aren't allowed to, do it anyway:

http://www.subgenius.com/marriage.html

Edit:  Documents produced by following the above link may be admitted as evidence in a court of law.  Video forthcoming.

The latest trend.

Your link is broken. What are we supposed to see?

I think you need a FB account to see it?

Try this one, https://www.facebook.com/celebratepride?_rdr=p&__mref=messageinstead. 

The latest trend.

It might be confused for an old Apple product then.
Hahahahahahah, yeah you're right!

old-apple-logo-apple-4235002-294-394.jpg
That FB link also no worky.

Notice in the Apple logo that green is on top.  I heard rumors about it representing money.  I recently found out that the bite out of it fit the name in a font they were using.  I don't know which came first, the bite or the "a" in apple...not sure if I am making sense anymore, so I guess I should try to get a few minutes of sleep. 

I was at the pub the other day and this guy was telling me why he hated "faggots" so much. 

He said it was because what they would do is get people blind drunk then sleep with them and in the morning chant "You're one of us now" or something to that effect.  That gay people were predators and deviants.

The guy seemed to get pretty angry when I suggested was so specific it must have happened to him. :D     

The resistances to gays are caused by an irrational hatred fueled by bigotry, ignorance, prejudice or religion. However people don't want to admit those are the real reasons so they always hide behind "tradition"  You should really question your viewpoint if you can't be honest about the real reason behind it.
Did you notice what you just did?

You (rightfully) condemned someone who is putting a big group of people into a single bag (homosexual men = sexual predators) while putting an equally big number of people into a single bag because of an opinion that can have many different reasons and is never exactly the same anyway.

This is bigotry. You are not so different from this man and don't even notice it.

People often condemn what they don't understand and make their life easier by declaring those who they do not understand as dishonest and putting them in the "enemy"-drawer, you did exactly the same as this dude.
Actually bigotry is not accepting other peoples views which if you are stopping people from doing something is exactly that. I was just stereotyping the reasons behind them which isn't the same thing at all, granted there are plenty of other reasons but I was hardly going to list them all.   I can understand and accept their viewpoints but what I don't understand is if they don't like something is why they spend so much time and resources fighting it.  What bugs me is the majority of them aren't honest about why they don't want gay marriage to happen. However having said that if they were open and honest about it the amount of shit they would have to put up with by internet dogpiling I can see why they hide behind fake arguments.

So because of this you can't have honest and open discussions about many PC topics thanks to social justice warriors.

:( We as the netherlands are being surpassed on so many levels by the US now, gay rights, use of marihuana... The only small things we have left is abortion and euthanasia but those will be covered soon...
Don't say it like this is a bad thing. If more and more countries adopt these policies then "we" have set a right example. B.t.w. drugs have never been legal here, we just agreed to overlook it.
and then the netherlands only "unique" aspects will be that our country is realtively small, and most of it is below sea level.... :(
I don't derive my sense of self value from accidental membership of a group (i.e. the Dutch) that is unique in some way in the world. That's a form of basking in reflected glory.

It is not a competition, it is just about embracing your freedom and responsibility (which is a lot harder than having the government decide everything for you).

Well I'm just sad that we seem to lose a lot of these values while other countries start to embrace them. Our culture is losing a lot of its openmindedness and that saddens me. And I agree that I put like a sort of basking in reflected glory but not completely since I like these policies and also will always defend them even if the government would stop embracing them (like is happening a bit now).

Well I'm just sad that we seem to lose a lot of these values while other countries start to embrace them. Our culture is losing a lot of its openmindedness and that saddens me. And I agree that I put like a sort of basking in reflected glory but not completely since I like these policies and also will always defend them even if the government would stop embracing them (like is happening a bit now).
Ah yes, when you put it like that, I see what you mean. It is indeed regrettable that while such policies are being adopted up abroad, our own government tends to alter them for the worse.
I'm not convinced that "we" are as openminded as a nation as we like to think. Much of our openmindedness is just plain apathy. The "Whatever,... not my problem." mentality.

Ah yes, when you put it like that, I see what you mean. It is indeed regrettable that while such policies are being adopted up abroad, our own government tends to alter them for the worse.

I'm not convinced that "we" are as openminded as a nation as we like to think. Much of our openmindedness is just plain apathy. The "Whatever,... not my problem." mentality.
I agree but I still rather have The "Whatever,... not my problem." mentality. Than the I'll make anything you do my problem and will make sure you do it the way I like mentality. I a lot of ways the "Whatever,... not my problem." mentality is very openminded, it just depends on what "the problem" is, for instance homosexuality is not a problem at all.

At first I was like "Curse you email address requirement. *Shakes fist*“ But then I remembered about https://mailinator.com/

truestroy.png
Is there any other way to do it (although I wouldn't be too worried about giving that crowd a somewhat unimportant "real" email address)?  I always recommend mailinator and such to others, and am a heavy user of it myself (stay out of my inbox :p ).

(No clue what they say internally, since many religious organizations put on an artificial "nice and pretty" face to the public)
A bit like Catholic Priests and young boys?

D.
I really shouldn't single out any of them since I don't know much about many, so I will just say that organized religion can lead to a lot of bad things.  I feel religion shouldn't be dogmatic, and should be used as a way to explore and learn (not just blindly accept what you are told), and even non-believers can benefit from studying and discussing religious topics.  Also, religion should be fun, not super serious, and should be used to develop the individual, not force others to conform.  I am going to stop there; I don't want to get too far off topic.

Yes, let me apologise also for bringing up such a distasteful subject related to, but not in the spirit of the topic.

I only did it because when kasp told that story about that fellow... I knew in my gut that kasp had nailed it (no pun intended)... that's exactly what happened to that guy.

Because something very similar happened to me, and it completely turned me and was a huge contribution to me wrecking my life.

So the Gay community had a friend and support in me, but some poor damaged sociopath took advantage of my then trusting and nieve nature and turned me into a vocal hater for over a decade... and as you can see I'm still not completely over it.

A lot of the hate comes from people who have experienced such things, and it is natural for someone who has gone through such a trauma to hate everything about their attackers.

The person who did this to me was involved in the trance scene... So for over a decade I've hated trancies as well, and will not go to a party, listen to their music or be anything other than polite to a trancie who tries to befriend me.

This is all unconscious defence mechanisms at work, and I am working on dissolving them, but it's really really hard to do.

As an example, before these things happened... I loved getting hugs, pats, and other physical signs of affection from people.

Now I can't stand being touched, even by people I trust.

Thanks for that you self centered asshole. I hope every dark corner of your soul is brought out into the light for everyone to see, so that you have no choice but to deal with it OPENLY.

I have no sympathy for how painful and how long that process is going to be for you.

That is my will, as an act of TOUGH love.

/rant

P.s. @ rygD

I've thought about it, and I actually don't know how to fight this fight in this dog eat dog reality.

All I know is I actually don't want to be involved in the drama. ... anymore.

Back