Gary Gygax Failed A Saving Throw Against Death This Morning.

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
20080304.jpg

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g8XyHnU...WoAGrAD8V6PL180

The man. The legend. The creator of the most controversial and most well known role playing game on the planet. Gary Gygax passed away this morn due to health complications, after his health had been declining since january.

Let us all bow our heads for the man who helped create the Pen and Paper gaming genre, and by proxy the videogames and MMO's we know and love.

Yes, I've played D&D, AD&D, D&D 2nd ed. and then D&D 3.0 and 3.5. I've followed it through out my RPG years.
Our group still plays every weekl, though at the moment we've moved on to WFRP - which I think is a better system from a technical point of view.

R.I.P. GG, pity you didn't see D&D 4.0.

What a huge loss... I'd always held out hope against hope that Gary would rise up and re-take D&D with a resurrection of TSR and do away with WOTC and their new-release-every-six-months method of draining bank accounts around the globe. It's amazing to think how much this man, whom I've never met, has given me... sad day indeed.

What a huge loss... I'd always held out hope against hope that Gary would rise up and re-take D&D with a resurrection of TSR and do away with WOTC and their new-release-every-six-months method of draining bank accounts around the globe. It's amazing to think how much this man, whom I've never met, has given me... sad day indeed.

I read the ultimate interview about his life and some of the stuff that went on in TSR was just more like a huge money making f*ck up. He spent most of TSR's life being a "President" without power thanks to the father-son partners that essentially knew how to p*ss money up the wall and not much else.

As for WoTC I really wish they wouldn't use D&D as the benchmark for new gaming systems. It's fine at 3.5 and the only game that has benefited so far from 4th Ed is Star Wars Saga Edition.

Back