Gamescom 2017

fusion_power

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
Very interesting and nice Videos, Ed. :) The retro area deserves this attention for sure. I rememebr my visits at the old Gamesconvention in Leipzig where the retro/homebrew area was my fav. place.
Nice to see working and busy Pyras there, it finaly comes all together. GUI from Askarus indeed looks very familiar, now it just need an "blind mole" mode with big buttons, icons and fonts for people like me, damn HD screens those days. :D

Caine

Hardcore Member
Again, a nice video series from ED about Gamescom. Thank you for that. It is nice to get an impression of what it was like.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Currently uploading, but here will be the last part:

Sorry about the bad picture quality of the Pyra - but the camera wasn't close enough and I had to digitally zoom in 3x...
How good is Saturn emulation running on the Pyra ed? I have heard that the Saturn is difficult to emulate too though? Has emulation progressed?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
You can see it running there in the little box in the corner of Ptitseb's Pyra prototype. I think that prototype is limited to 1GHz, and that's an early revision of the emulator I guess, but you can see how it runs just now i.e. too slow to be really playable, but quite close to being fun if it can be speeded up.

TeDaDeS

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
I did try the multiple angles of the screen on the Pyra (Askarus) and those worked fine.
Not sure where the open/close unit was, maybe it was used by similar at the moment.

elvissteinjr

Very Active Member
Aaaand I'm back. Thanks again everybody.

ED did in fact not have his Pyra with him. We had Askarus' prototype to show around.
I'm just gonna assume his wife continued with the lid opening and closing duties.