Games You think sliped under the radar - resurrection thread :)

Lorien's Tomb [Atari XL/XE]

info: very nice puzznic clone with really catchy music

loriens_tomb.png

lorien_s_tomb_2.gif

Muppet Monster Adventure [PSX]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tUBo1_TK9E

An awesome Mario64-style Jump'n'Run, with a lot of nice levels and tons of different extra weapons (if you can call it that).

I always liked it better then Spyro as I always get lost in Spyro (I love level-based games like Mario64 :) )

Runs perfect on latest PCSXReARMed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
and people said the wherehog in sonic unleashed was strange... a frampire? a vamprog?

Newcomer [Commodore 64]

Info: Epic RPG, and the biggest game for C64. Graphics similar to AtariST version of Ishar [sort of]. And overall game similar to Amiga's Perihelion

Ultimate Newcomer will be released soon! http://www.newcomer.hu/

Got my C64 with an IDE64 all set up and ready for it.

King's Field & King's Field 2 (US Versions)

What is it?: A first person hack and slash RPG for the Playstation console. No loading screens. You either love it or hate it.

King's Field

165941-king-s-field-playstation-screenshot-attacked-by-a-skeleton.jpg

491085-king-s-field-playstation-screenshot-that-s-a-big-kracken-s.jpg

King's Field 2

3KingsField06.jpg

3KingsField33.jpg

I obviously can't test if it runs on the Pandora yet, but it should:

Wonder Project J: Kikai no Shōnen Pino for the SNES

wpj03.gif

http://www.mobygames...i-no-shnen-pino

It's an adventure/RPG/simulation game with a very unique way of controls: You don't control the main charakter (Pino, a robot that looks like a boy) directly, you control a little pixie-like robot (named Tinker, looks a lot like Tinkerbell from Peter Pan), who can just give simple commands (go, stop, use) and scold or praise Pino. So you have to train him (basically command him to interact with something and then praise or scold him depending on wether he did what you want or not). On top of that is a system of experience points, so you also have to lift weights to gain strength for example.

The concept actually works very well and is a lot of fun. Also the graphics and animations are nicely done, combined with the game concept this makes it a very immersive game. And there are some good laughs too, when Pino tries to figure out possible ways to (mis)use whatever you give him. :)

Game: ORE NO RYOURI [PSX]

Info: Commonly known as My Cooking, Ore no Ryouri uses the Dual Shock in innovative ways to make you feel like you're really cookin'. In one word: Cooking Mama for PSX [loong before cooking mama was even released]

The game features a Story mode, VS multiplayer cook-offs, 3-Minute Cooking challenges, and bonus modes. Play in 9 different types of restaurants -- from fast food to family restaurant to noodle bar -- and cook up 39 different types of food in a variety of different analog-controlled cooking challenges.

Once customers start coming into the restaurant, their orders will begin to accrue on the side of the screen. After selecting the order you want to fill, a wide variety of cooking-oriented minigames must be quickly completed before you can prepare the food in question.

Each individual event and activity is scored from 1 to 10, with a number of indicators letting you know when you've poured just enough beer into the glass or your noodles have the preferred firmness. Likewise, points will be deducted if you cut your fingers when chopping or burn your french fries. Tougher cuisines will require more steps, will offer fewer chances for chaining, and will require speed, precision, and careful resource management in order for you to advance. In addition to cooking tasks, a number of other, more detrimental, events can occur.

- TASK LIST:

At the very left of your screen is a brown column that looks like a table. Your tasks will appear on this table as colored tabs that contain the name of the dish/task and a picture of the step you need to work on next. Different colors denote different kinds of tasks:

BLUE: Regular customer's orders.

GREEN: Food critic's orders.

YELLOW: Maintenance tasks

- COOKWARE:

Below the task list is a group of four diamonds. Starting from the top and going clockwise, they are: frying pan, large pot, oven, and fryer. You only have one of each, and you can't cook two different things in the same cookware (unless you combined several orders properly). When the cookware is in use, the corresponding diamond is highlighted.

Calling the police to pick up a drunk, chasing a thief, and stomping out a number of cockroaches are but a few examples - fail to complete these in time and all of your customers will storm out in a huff.

After completing the initial trial, you'll square off against one of the frog's minions for a one-on-one battle. A scale measures the customers' feelings about the restaurant, prompting a win when someone hits the top or someone hits the bottom. Chain events together or clear out all of your customers, and you'll add a chore into the other person's lineup to slow his or her progress. The addition of the game's two-player mode and a handful of other bizarre little Dual Shock exercises boost the game's somewhat lacking play value to acceptable levels.

DRUNK PATRON:

Appearance: Sake (rice wine) bottle and cup

Control: Dial 110 to call the police. Left stick moves your finger across the numbers. D on the right stick dials that number

Technique:This task is particularly bothersome on Normal and Gourmet levels because all your customers will want to leave sooner (tabs disappear faster). Thus, you need to do this event as soon as it appears. To get there quickly, push the lleft stick straight R to get to the 1. Then push straight D to get to the 0 - since there is no number at that position,your cursor will most likely jump to the closest number, 0. If you overshoot and dial 119 instead, you call the fire station, which will, strangely enough, achieve the same purpose.

WASH DISHES:

Appearance: Dish soap and sponge

Control: Rotate Right tstick (clockwise or counterclockwise, doesn't matter).

EAT-AND-RUN CUSTOMER:

Appearance: Running man (with speed lines)

Control: Move both sticks U and D simultaneously, in a transverse motion (Right stick is U when left stick is D; move rtight stick D and left stick U; repeat...).

Technique: Try to start moving the joysticks as soon as you start, there's a small chance that you might catch him right away.

ROACHES:

Appearance: A roach.

Control: Move the slipper around the screen in all directions using the left stick. Push D on the rtstick to slap.

Technique: I suck at this, so I can't give you any tips. If you take too long, the remaining roaches will run off the mat and scare all your customers anyway.

COUNT MONEY:

Appearance: Paper money

Control: Move the right stick from L to R, R to L, etc., repeatedly.

Technique: Make sure that you push it all the way to the L and R, or you won't be able to pick up/let go of the money. I find that I can do this more quickly when I move my entire hand back and forth, instead of just bending the finger touching the stick. Don't push the stick with excessive force; exercising control will give you speed.

CHOP:

Control: Left stick moves your hand horizontally (L or R). Pressing D on the right stick causes you to chop with your knife at the point right before your hand. If you don't move your hand back before you make another slice, you will cut yourself.

Technique: To get the maximum score, make at least 9 cuts. To do so, only apply gentle pressure to the left stick - at most, you want to pull the stick 1/2 cm to the left. This will move your hand at a nice slow pace. Then, just push the rtstick D repeatedly and as fast as possible in order to cut the maximum number of pieces.

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

Last edited:
What happens when square soft mixes cybernator and metalwarriors with final fantasy?? possibly one of the best snes games ever made...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/IRjZLH1J4wk?feature=oembed

side scrolling mecha platforming rpg awesomeness:

• gain experience and level your character!
  • have pc team mates assist you in battle who also gain exp and levels!
  • buy and level up new mechs and weapons for you and your team mates!
  • fly from mission to mission in classic flying ship over-world rpg fasion!
  • enjoy a rich squaresoft story and wonderful animation!
  • listen to amazing music composed by the creators of ff6 and chrono trigger!
  • did i mention sidescrolling mech action rpg???

to bad square never released it in english... but here is a link to a fan made english patch!

http://www.fantasyan.../fmgh_about.htm

Game: Koudelka [PSX]

Info: A Gothic Horror RPG set in the late 19th century. An Epic Tale of Murder, Mystery and Mayhem. A Beautiful Yet Troubled Woman Named Koudelka Who is Summoned To Unravel It All...

BTW. I know that FF lovers just hate this game.. just because. I think it is far better than any Final Fantasy game. It has awesome voice acting / excellent monsters design [scary monsters if you think about it] / excellent horror feel / awesome music [reminds me a gunhed main theme from '89 movie somehow..] and good plot.. I just hate FF because of Koudelka :)

Breathtaking Cinematic Scenes and Musical Score

Three Fully Customizable Characters: Allocate Bonus Points to Determine Your Character Growth

Beautifully Rendered 3D Backgrounds

Combat Evil Using The Lifedrinker, Sacnoth Blade, Magic Spells and Many More Weapons...

ss10.jpg

ss17.jpg

ss12.jpg

ss20.jpg

Last edited:
Game: Critical Depth [PSX]

Info: Another pearl from my beloved SingleTrack Studio [Jet Moto / Jet Rider games]. Critical Depth is a vehicle combat game similar to Twisted Metal, but with the unique twist that the player pilots subs.

Critical%20Depth-PSX-NTSC-US.jpg

1365.jpg

Game: Sneek and Peek [Atari 2600]

Info: Sneak 'n Peek is a computerized version of the game hide and seek. The game is played by two players (or one player against the computer).

70811-sneak-n-peek-atari-2600-screenshot-title-screens.gif

70812-sneak-n-peek-atari-2600-screenshot-one-player-covers-his-eyes.gif

70813-sneak-n-peek-atari-2600-screenshot-hmm-now-where-should-i-hide.gif

LOL singletrek made the first 2 twisted metals! one of the twisted metal games even has a jetmoto level in it as an easter egg. they made ritical depth after they lost the rights to the ranchise. thats why the cover says "FROM THE DEVELOPERS WHO KNOW VEHICULAR COMBAT"

::EDIT:: why do the guys in the sneek and peak game have boners?!

Game: Kensei - Sacred Fist [PSX]

Info: this one is imho Tekken 3 beater. Why? I would say: Grappling moves / Blocking moves and excellent motion capture [just take a look Yugo moves.. just perfect] just kills Tekken and all his fake fighting. Because of Tekken , Kensei never received enough users attention

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UUr-r4efmyI?feature=oembed

Game: SOS [sNES]

Info: Inspired by Paul Gallico's 1969 novel The Poseidon Adventure, this game puts the player in the shoes of one of four denizens of the fated vessel: Capris Wisher, architect; Redwin Gardener, counselor; Luke Haines, sailor; or Jeffrey Howell, doctor. Each of these gentlemen possess certain exclusive skills and distinct backstories and motivations -- a successful strategy toward winning the game will vary greatly depending on which character you initially select to play

SOS_SNES_ScreenShot4.gif

SOS_SNES_ScreenShot2.jpg

Last edited:
Back