games you cant live without

is that available online anywhere?

No idea. Try eBay... It's a Game Boy cart if you didn't know. I personally prefer the vanilla version - Link's Awakening DX ruined it by adding colour, and those stupid snapshots are just cheesy imo. A remake I didn't approve of.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally prefer the vanilla version - Link's Awakening DX ruined it by adding colour, and those stupid snapshots are just cheesy imo. A remake I didn't approve of.
Yay! I'm not the only one! I hated the idea of adding an extra dungeon, too, myself. :p

Also, for nostalgia's sake purely, I hated how they fixed the translation in the colour version. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
No i meant the map of unreachable places you made lol

Oh! lol... no. I think that ol' sketchbook is packed away in my father's garage somewhere... Next time I'm down there I'll see if I can find it and scan it in.

I personally prefer the vanilla version - Link's Awakening DX ruined it by adding colour, and those stupid snapshots are just cheesy imo. A remake I didn't approve of.
Yay! I'm not the only one! I hated the idea of adding an extra dungeon, too, myself. :p

Also, for nostalgia's sake purely, I hated how they fixed the translation in the colour version. :lol:

Yes, imho... The vanilla version was just perfect as is.

One thing i would absoutely love to see in a GB emulator on the Pandora: A graphics filter that simulates the shadows created by the pixels in the dot matrix screen. I really really miss that...

Hmmm.. I guess for me this is just a favourite games list?

Total Annihilation probably wins as a game that I install and play all the way through every couple years. I still haven't unwrapped Supreme Commander - since Total Annihilation is so good. (I got bored with Starcraft pretty quickly)

I recently played through most of the LucasArts Adventures again - although this time I skipped Monkey Island completely.

I've never really owned a console... as I went straight from C64/Amiga to PC (I don't consider anything with a keyboard to be a console) - but all of my friends owned Sega consoles and none of them owned Nintendo consoles - So I don't have any passion for Nintendo at all. In fact I really don't understand the immense popularity of Nintendo in US/Japan. The Giana Sisters, Sonic and Cosmos cosmic adventure are better plaformers than any of the mario platformers. Then there are much better ones like Another world and Flashback. I think I prefer Ghosts and Goblins and Altered Beast to Mario? (I'm not trying to troll - I just feel like there's something I'm not "getting" when it comes to Nintendo)

Commodore/Amiga/Sega

Bubble Bobble, Barbarian, International Karate, Boulder Dash, Commando, Cybernoid 2, Gauntlet, Altered Beast, Golden Axe

The "Games" (Summer, Winter, California, Skate or die)

PC

Total Annihilation

Monkey Island Series (And other Lucasarts adventures)

Syndicate

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans

Jagged Alliance series / Silent Storm

Interstate 76

Baldurs Gate etc..

Total war etc..

Codename: Eagle

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Halflife + CS

Yeah but seriously - if you like RTS and you've never played TA - get to GOG.com and spend 5 bucks!!

Super Smash Bros, F-ZERO, and I'm getting into Shoot 'em ups and Bullet hell games.

Back