games you cant live without

dont wanna sound like a cock but wasnt the origional prince of persia released in the late 80's on the amega or apple or something like that?

Doom and Quake (at least back in the day when I was doing LAN parties), Secret of Mana, the Star Ocean series, the King's Field series (I've played the first two U.S. releases at least 50 times each), The Elder Scrolls series, the Might and Magic series except 9, and Dune II for the Amiga. Probably many more but these are just of the top of my head of the most memorable ones.

There are few games like:

Blood

Resident Evil [all]

Terminator Future Shock

HalfLife 1/2

Soldier of Fortune 1! A lot of gore an mindless fast action.

Gotta have Starcraft BW and 2.

+1

Edit: I'd wet my pants if we manage to get BW on the Pandora...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Well Starcraft 64 does have the expansion. If that 90MHz Qemu+Wine setup that apparently could be done on a N900 could be setup you might be able to tune it in. There's also a Android engine port project, although I'm pretty sure that's not fully functional.

I tried (and failed) to get Stargus working on my PC, never mind the Pandora... :huh:

There have been a lot in my life but if I had to pick one that affected me the most it would be Syndicate on the Amiga, what a thoroughly bloody good game. Syndicate wars was ok, but it wasn't the same. It would be great to have an updated version, I doubt there's a place for isometric games of this nature in today's world though

There have been a lot in my life but if I had to pick one that affected me the most it would be Syndicate on the Amiga, what a thoroughly bloody good game. Syndicate wars was ok, but it wasn't the same. It would be great to have an updated version, I doubt there's a place for isometric games of this nature in today's world though
Syndicate was fantastic. I was quite excited to hear they were making a new one...until I learned it will be first person.

Whenever I find myself sitting in front of my PC having done whatever I wanted to do, I almost always fire up Mame for a round of Mr Do or Millipede. Mr Do to try and better my score and Millipede just because I find it hypnotically enjoyable, couldn't care less about the score.

Syndicate was fantastic. I was quite excited to hear they were making a new one...until I learned it will be first person.

UGH! FFNNNNNNGGHUUHH! I didn't know they'd rebooted it. I can't believe they've wasted the opportunity by making it yet another fps... what a horrible waste. How many dearly loved franchises have to be butchered in this way?

I'm actually really annoyed about this. Deus Ex already exists, you can't beat that for futuristic roboty sheNANOgans. We could have had a glorious squad based, isometric tactical shooter, but we're just going to be jamming another hey-ho fps into the already over stuffed cupboard

Last edited by a moderator:
How many dearly loved franchises have to be butchered in this way?
I dread to think. One point of concern for us Mega Fans at the present time is that Capcom might be stupid enough to not have learned from what Hudson's Bomberman: Act Zero taught us. Some dare not even speak of it, some half-jokingly refer to the dreaded notion as "Mega Man: Act Zero".

If you haven't heard of Bomberman: Act Zero (and I'm frequently surprised by how many people don't know about it), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEKmgPLqD1Q. Even though it looks like a parody made by people who have become cynical about "dark and gritty" reboots of beloved franchises, this is actually a real game. It really exists. You can really buy it. And this is what they tried to reboot Bomberman into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back