Games Which Write Sound Using 68000

dude, wasn't criticising, just trying to be helpful in what appeared a critical way!

keep up the excellent work!

It's okay, it's a fact! There's something very badly wrong with my sound code on the GP32.

I'd obviously like to fix it, but it just weird as there is so little which could go wrong - all it does is play a area of memory in a loop?

Do I have to possibly mark the memory as uncached or something?

And the sound format is 16-bit unsigned isn't it? As in 0x0000 is full negative displacment of a sample and 0xffff is full positive displacement?

Last edited by a moderator:
However there are some games where the 68000 plays the music itself, and only uses the Z80 to play drums

In Streets of Rage 2, I noticed that where most of the sound effects and music are present the actual punching sound is not. I guess this is where the Z80 comes in.

I think that fDave, Ryleh and Robster are doing an outstanding job. Good luck guys! :)

next public release

anyway im off to try decapattack :)

**edit**
tried decap attack, sound is most defintately there but the background is all messed up and the sprites are all black

malty

Oops - I wonder what that is... maybe that's a VRam copy/read thing?
fyi its the same in fgen

im more than happy with what you've given us so far.. fantastic. Any improvements are a bonus.

cheers

malty

next public release

anyway im off to try decapattack :)

**edit**
tried decap attack, sound is most defintately there but the background is all messed up and the sprites are all black

malty

Oops - I wonder what that is... maybe that's a VRam copy/read thing?
fyi its the same in fgen

im more than happy with what you've given us so far.. fantastic. Any improvements are a bonus.

cheers

malty

Ah - suggests it's Cyclone then. darn it.

Wow just tried Crusader of Centy (U) [!] Very nice looking zelds type game. It has sound as well small background tunes. The text gets garbled sometimes when you talk to people etc.

Wow just tried Crusader of Centy (U) [!] Very nice looking zelds type game. It has sound as well small background tunes. The text gets garbled sometimes when you talk to people etc.
Yep... that's my favorite Genesis game of all time.

I would highly recommend it... :)

Thank you Dave for your List,you are the Greatest!!!!!!!!.Why does not Run Afterburner2 on my GP32 with Sound?i Test a European Version.

Back