Gamer Illnesses/syndromes

Ernest posted on Aug 17 2005 at 07:47 PM said:
I got RSI (repititive strain injury) from playing street fighter 2 turbo, played it fuckin hours straight each day for about a week with mates and my bro, and also RSI from playing Deus Ex for too long, i got in the mouse hand, apparently my dad reckons it was because i slouch and the angle my wrist was at, my mates reckoned it was wanking <_< .

A doc in a mag told a reader once, that the ailments to bones in wrists and such, which are result of too much keyboard/joystick/pad usage, are infact quite similar to those ailments received from too much of... the aforementioned business, and do not include increased hairgrowth in palms. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Upon first getting Sonic Adventure 2 ( a day before Universal release...foolish ignorant HMV people...mwuhaha) I played it for 5 hours solid only to find myself suffering from a migrain so bad that it had me in tears ( I was 16 at the time so it was pretty harsh). The migrain was a result of my eyes focusing on one thing too long according to a doctor and he advised me to take the steps required to avoid glaucoma in later life to make it go away.

my brother gets that whenever him in his friends play age of mythology online for hours at a time (usually around 5 - 10 hrs) but he also gets really dizzy and ends up having toi lie down for a few hours :lol:

Back