Gamepark Official News!!

ilarri

As you can read -in spanish- in the website www.gp32spain.com, arnaky,his webmaster,recieved a updated info from gamepark itself.

with the light on (could be the possibility to turn off ;P? )the batteries duration couldnt be 12 hours,their real time its 7 hours (yes,Blu version ON).
And another GREAT NEWS!! GAMEPARK ANNOUNCES THAT THEY WANT,AFTER THE SPANISH,ITALIAN AND PORTUGUES LAUNCH,DISTRIBUTE BY HIMSELF HIS PRODUCT IN THE RES OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The launch here its a test...so hope that runs good =)

YES YOU READ IT CORRECTLY,THE SYSTEM WILL BE SELL IN THE REST OF EUROPE.

and some extra info, 2 more games will exit no many time before the "south europe" launch...2 tittles...hum...maybe:Blood Cross and Blue Angelo.

the text font and the site:
(translate it yourself)

26/03/2004 - Más información de GamePark
GamePark me ha enviado un documento con algo de información extra sobre el lanzamiento Europeo.

Una cosa que difiere de lo dicho por Virgin hasta ahora, es que con la luz encendida, la duración de las pilas será de unas 7 horas y no 12 horas.

Algo realmente importante: ¡¡Gamepark espera distribuir la consola en el resto de Europa a principios de Junio!! Consideran que el lanzamiento en España, Italia y Portugal les servirá de trampolín para ampliar el negocio.
También esperan introducir un par de juegos nuevos poco después del lanzamiento en España, aunque no dan títulos.

Sobre los títulos del lanzamiento, dan una lista de 5, pero me parece que han usado un traductor directo del coreano al inglés, por lo que los títulos no concuerdan ;)

http://www.gp32spain.com

They *need* a good, non-5-minute-pick-up-and-play title, ASR (and several of the recent 'in development hell' titles including the RPG's) would have probably been a deal-clincher for a lot of potential buyers... I think by not chasing an english conversion they are shooting themselves in the foot.

The launch titles are getting on for over 3 years old now, and they certainly show it compared to some of the latest screen we've seen of games that are languishing in development.

I really do hope it is a success, but I can't honestly see it happening with the current list of launch titles.

Totally agree, those games NEED translations, that bring alot of potential buyers in as the're just bursting with quality from what i've seen...

And a good eurpean website thats very informative maybe with links to sites like this where you can get the emulators something that wouldn't be 2 wise for them 2 host on their own site...

blue angelo would rule, been dying to play that game :)

I hope they lower the price, right now it is going to be way too high... they should at least keep it under $200, and right now it's going to be at $243... I mean good god its almost 3 years old already.

keep in mind Game park is a small company, thye probably cant afford a price drop at this point, maybe next year when the system is getting better distribution.

Back