Gamepark Named Newgp32 Xgp ?

jmetal88 posted on Jul 14 2005 at 11:19 PM said:
That third guy must be BumHong Lee....

Hey, take a look at this translated block of text from a popup on GamePark Holdings' Korean website:

How are you the game park hall ting su is. With the game park the contract regarding the home page civil official whom it ties, a GP32 sale and a game sale and a GP32 irrigation became end in 2005 July 31st dates and. It is like that with it will be caused by and shopping will drive and the purchase against until 2005 July 22nd at only the minute when it orders the irrigation the GP32 sale to be possible, against until 2005 July 22nd only against the GP32 where becomes the arrival the irrigation is possible. Following shopping the irrigation portion against a sale and the GP32 which it will drive will become the decision after the weight and does not become the decision still not to be common knowledge it will lead and it will inform and and it will give. It is like that

Anyone possibly able to figure out what it means?

edit: Wait a minute, I'm wrong, its comeplete gibberish. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 posted on Jul 15 2005 at 12:53 AM said:
atari jaguar, bar one game, who wants that steaming pile of horse poop emulated?? Bring on amiga, snes, iso game support, more mame, 32x even - oh 3d0 would be great with all those excellent EA games (if not a little too much for the system to handle)

Hum, if I recall correctly, Jaguar had few good games. Besides, I don't think the main reason someone codes any emu is that people like us can play our favourite games. On the side, if the emu happens to enable us playing our fav games, that's nice and all that, but if someone fell in love with Aliens vs Predator, he might go for Jaguar instead of Amiga or some other system he has never owned.

Anyways, I think Jaguar had two main processors, and assorted chips in between, so I think it will not be feasible.

Oh, and I for one, never owned Jaguar, never even seen one in, hum, person. But the controller was awesome! :lol:

When I bought my GP32, I underestimated the importance of good commercial games. It's great for homebrew, but I missed having a GBA for games like NFS and SEGA games.

So this time I'll only buy the new one if it got good 3D commercial games. Apart from that it doesn't have to be very different from the current GP32.

i have 2 jaguars with 12 games, out of the 12 games, 3 are any good, Alien VS. Predator, Doom and Iron Soldier. Wolfenstein has great graphics, much better than any other version around that time, but the game is so damn fast that it makes it crappy.

As for the controller, well, it's ok i guess, i wouldn't say that it ranks up there with my favorites.

Jaw posted on Jul 15 2005 at 10:20 AM said:
the atari jag controller is one of the best controls going, it's just right, fits in yer hands perfectly...
Haha, not quite. Those little covers that go over the numpad were a little cool. My brother has a Jaguar, but I haven't used it in ages. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that controller didn't have shoulder buttons, right?

I also think the GP32 screen is just right in size.

Do you guys think batteries are the best power option?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

what else would it run off of, Gasoline?

joking aside, not AA's, i like how my DS, PSP, N-Gage QD, PPC use the built in battery pack and i just plug it in to recharge.

craigix posted on Jul 15 2005 at 04:35 PM said:

Absolutely :D. Re-chargable batteries can be picked up from anywhere these days and have been around for a long time. Ideal for a games consoles.

:)

hm yeah... some li-ion battery pack would be nice if its not too special... (you should be able to buy a replacement)

but batterys are fine too....

i would prefer aa's, or maybe some slot-in lion accu of a "standart" size you can easyly get ahold off and a external charger.

craigix posted on Jul 15 2005 at 03:35 PM said:
I also think the GP32 screen is just right in size.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

As for the screen yes *you* know that the size is good (bigger though would always be better) and so is the resolution (anything higher would give a smaller game screen at 1:1) but let's hope that Gamepark knows it, and agrees, too ;)

If you mean standard batteries then yes I think they are the best option. As you know some of us collect handhelds and it would be nice to be able to pull it out 10 years from now and play around with it. If it had some custom hardwired in battery like the Zodiac it would become useless as soon as the company making the battery (or the handheld) discontinued it.

Also removable batteries are nice as you can keep a set charged and swap out as needed to keep playing. With hardwired batteries (again like the Zodiac) when you run out of juice you can't play anymore until you get to a mains, and then you wait 6 hours until you can go again, I hated that.

Also is the final design set in stone? If not maybe it would be better for Gamepark to announce the specs to the community. This way if they did something dumb like a small wacky resolution screen or something we could let them know so it could be corrected before release.

I also think that backward compatibility would be almost required. The GP community is soo small it would take years to get to where we are now if it wasn't.

This could be our "project ninja" only GP would be manufacturing it.

craigix posted on Jul 15 2005 at 03:35 PM said:

Very much depends on the power of the unit itself. If they last around 2 hours per charge, no. I'd say anything over 4 hours is acceptable, otherwise I'd prefer Gamepark to go the powerpack route.

the best bet has to be a couple of AA's. Can be used anywere and are ideal for long journeys. That cannot be bettered and will the most economical for gamepark and us.

Best joypad of all time has to be the japanese saturn pad, amazing in design and ergonomics. Makes the jaguar pad look very amateurish indeed.

I'd rather use AA's or some other kind of regular rechargable battery that you would be able to replace with regular batteries that you'd actually have lying around your house should your original set go dead at a bad time... plus, they'll be easy to get a hold of and won't cost a lot of money either. for 30 bucks, I can get a set of 4 rechargable AA's that'll last about 12 hours in my GP32.

The problem is with this new system being more powerful, it will presumably require more power.

AAs are a good choice if they are feasible, but they can be sacrificed if they are only going to offer Gamegear levels of battery life.

LHC posted on Jul 15 2005 at 05:22 PM said:
The problem is with this new system being more powerful, it will presumably require more power.

AAs are a good choice if they are feasible, but they can be sacrificed if they are only going to offer Gamegear levels of battery life.

So use 3 or 4 AAs instead of two. That will give the extra power needed.

Back