Gamepark Get Ready For Euro Launch?

spyke

Still Fresh
I did a search on google looking at the possibility of connecting to the net using a GP32 and this came up, It shows some new detailed cartoony diagrams and some explanation of some features I never knew it had.
It also shows some details on Internet Access using the GP32, i dunno weather this is possible at the current time although on the english gamepark site it explains the internet connectivity and a new web browser :

Gamepark Explains Net Connection
Internet Connectivity : GP32 enables users to get on the Internet through easy and robust connection among GP32, handset and wireless data network. Our dazzling display makes surfing different web sites real fun.

Online multiplayer game can be played by high-speed Internet connection.
Internet Applications : - Built-in Internet browser allows you to surf the Internet even when you are on the move.
- E-mail application will let you blast your e-mails and other information to anyone on the Internet.
- You can chat on line at anytime once you click the chat program readily available on GP32.

Another thing which it shows is that Capcom are developing for the GP32 and releasing Street Fighter Zero 3 and a game called Rock Man X 5 Which is probably megaman under a new name.

Anyways, Check it out, its mega cool another cool feature is you dont need to register your gp32 anymore the pclink software can be downloaded on the downloads page.

Link :http://www.gamepark.co.kr/English/main.asp

Nice. Rock Man is the japanese equivalent to Mega man. Several months ago megaman x5 was mentioned. Gamepark licensed it, but that was it. It seems that Gamepark just translated more korean pages. That page with the games has been in korean for a long time now. Look at the release date for X5 and Street Fighter.

Yeh, Although i seriously do think this is the Euro Launch Site.

http://english.gamepark.com/ Is still the Same.

If it is the official site which is set to go off for Euro Launch then it holds a lot of secrets, for example the Internet connectivity page, this could mean that an internet adapter will be released in euroupe

*excitment*

I think i saw that site about internet connectivity and the rest pretty long time ago, so I don't think it is new. But I am not 100 % sure tho

Edit: I guess you maybe are right cause I don't remember that main site :)
Well, lets hope

Hey scince ive made this topic i dont really wanna make another one so here it goes...

Does anybody know anything about the euro launch? I mean does it mean that as soon as the euro launch is in place i will be able to go to my local gamestore and buy a gp32?

http://www.gamepark.co.kr/English/system/base.html

Thought this sounded cool too....

Quote....

PC functions as a base station, GP32 as a mobile terminal.
Cross-platform multiplayer gaming between GP32 and PC
New and exciting games at any time, anywhere
¡æ You are all gaming enthusiasts and nobody can stop you playing games even when you are on the move. You wanna continue your previous game on PC with your friend in a bus? Don't worry. It's a piece of cake! All you have to do is to download all the relevant game data from the PC to your GP32! If you wanna keep enjoying the same game on your PC this time, again upload all the data from your GP32 to PC. Just remember a maximum of 4 Kbytes can be saved on GP32.

GP32 comes with USB port connection cable accessory. It allows you to connect it to your PC and your local ISP so that you can swap mp3 files, game data, and other applications and pull down data from the Internet.
TCP/IP-based clients (PC) can play games with GP32.

Axeman posted on Apr 17 2004 at 07:20 PM said:
http://www.gamepark.co.kr/English/system/base.html

Thought this sounded cool too....

Quote....

PC functions as a base station, GP32 as a mobile terminal.
Cross-platform multiplayer gaming between GP32 and PC
New and exciting games at any time, anywhere
¡æ You are all gaming enthusiasts and nobody can stop you playing games even when you are on the move. You wanna continue your previous game on PC with your friend in a bus? Don't worry. It's a piece of cake! All you have to do is to download all the relevant game data from the PC to your GP32! If you wanna keep enjoying the same game on your PC this time, again upload all the data from your GP32 to PC. Just remember a maximum of 4 Kbytes can be saved on GP32.

GP32 comes with USB port connection cable accessory. It allows you to connect it to your PC and your local ISP so that you can swap mp3 files, game data, and other applications and pull down data from the Internet.
TCP/IP-based clients (PC) can play games with GP32.
I think thats refering to downloading Roms to your GP32 to play elsewhere then coming back, uploading the rom and playing it on your pc.

Correct me if im wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Not with the current RF links - they work on a totally different principal, and at 2400bps - ever-so-slightly slower than the now-standard 54Mbps for WiFi.

Would be great if someone could design an adapter though :D

I just wish the gp32 would come to usa. Whenever i turn on my gp32 ppl say "what kind of gameboy is that?" ;) :(

Lethe posted on Apr 17 2004 at 02:08 PM said:
I just wish the gp32 would come to usa. Whenever i turn on my gp32 ppl say "what kind of gameboy is that?" ;) :(
Yeah, the same with me. Actually, my bro's friend actually thought it was a Zodiac! I remember talking to him about the Zodiac and the whole firestorm gbaZ controversey (sp?) a couple days ago and he had fair knowledge of the handheld, but when we were watching the Matrix, I whipped out my GP32 and started playing Pinball Dreams, and he was like, "Woah dude! Is that that Zodiac thing?" I told him no, and I explained it more and he said, "Oh, so it's like the predecessor to the Zodiac :)angry:)? So, they made this before they made the Zodiac?" I had a hard time telling him that it was a totally different console based in Korea. Anyways, he was really impressed by it, especially when I loaded up LJGP32 and played SMB3.

Maybe if we could get some game companies interested in GP32 it would kick off globaly? I used to own a gaming site and had good PR with gaming companies, i used to recive free games etc. Unfortunately due to family issues i had to take it down although Im making a new one and maybe when i get my PR with companies i could alert them of the gp32?

I recon most companies would be thrilled by it, imagine Rockstar Games, the company who are about to release a shitty 2d version of GTA when they can make a (very) simplified version of GTA vice of GTA3, they would most likely go for it.

spyke posted on Apr 17 2004 at 02:27 PM said:
Maybe if we could get some game companies interested in GP32 it would kick off globaly? I used to own a gaming site and had good PR with gaming companies, i used to recive free games etc. Unfortunately due to family issues i had to take it down although Im making a new one and maybe when i get my PR with companies i could alert them of the gp32?

I recon most companies would be thrilled by it, imagine Rockstar Games, the company who are about to release a shitty 2d version of GTA when they can make a (very) simplified version of GTA vice of GTA3, they would most likely go for it.
I doubt a big company like Rockstar would make a game on a platform that would only be available in the European market. Getting big name comapnies interested in the GP32 would be quite a task.

Thats one of the pages that i came across when i was looking into buying a GP32.

I was told that the development on the two Capcom games NEVER even began and i did e-mail Capcom USA and Capcom Japan. I never got a reply from Japan, but Capcom USA said they had no plans to develop for the GP32 and did not know why those games were listed.

If i can find the e-mail i will post it.

I did a search on google looking at the possibility of connecting to the net using a GP32 and this came up, It shows some new detailed cartoony diagrams and some explanation of some features I never knew it had.
It also shows some details on Internet Access using the GP32, i dunno weather this is possible at the current time although on the english gamepark site it explains the internet connectivity and a new web browser

This isn't at all new, it is what was planned for the GP32 before but it was never followed through with. I'm hoping that a bit after the euro launch they will reconsider the internet thing and release some kind of network cable that you plug from your GP32 to your broadband internet socket thing to surf the net and use programs compatible with the current popular messenger programs with a list of generic sentances and a list of words you can use to chat with.

Another thing which it shows is that Capcom are developing for the GP32 and releasing Street Fighter Zero 3 and a game called Rock Man X 5 Which is probably megaman under a new name.

That was also planned but never got done because I think Gameparks money situation was preventing them to do so.

I dont know what you mean by of GTA vice of GTA3 but I'm guessing you mean they could port GTA3/Vice city to the GP32? No way, Rockstar would never do that, they only make games to make millions of dollars. They are now developing a GTA game for the GBA which will probably be very crap and obsolete to the GBA version of Payback which could be ported to the GP32 in the future with better graphics then the GBA version if the market is bigger with the euro launch.

Not with the current RF links - they work on a totally different principal, and at 2400bps - ever-so-slightly slower than the now-standard 54Mbps for WiFi.

With the recent technological advances would it be possible for Gamepark to make a better/cheaper/faster RF-module compatible with all of the programs that already use RF? Even if they would have to patch the old games I still think that would be a good idea because the price of the RF links compared the to the GBA link cables is high. The new RF shouldnt have a wire, it should just connect to it and look like a little box at the bottom of the GP32.

Does anybody know anything about the euro launch? I mean does it mean that as soon as the euro launch is in place i will be able to go to my local gamestore and buy a gp32?

I think it will depend on if you live in the countrys where the euro launch is. I am guessing that after the "latino" euro launch, there will be a full euro launch. I think that the euro launch GP32s are going to be Backlit with the new euro firmware (for sure) and come with 2 AA batteries, and a 64MB SMC with a image viewer, text reader, MP3 player and probably GPCinema.

Back