Gameboy Camera and Printer

Muggie

Still Fresh
Who here had or remember the Gameboy Camera? That thing was amazing at the time. I remember taking pictures and using the Gameboy Printer to print them out on this roll of special paper. In certain games like Link's Awakening, you could print out "screenshots".

Those were the days. xD

gbcamera.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had them! They truly were fantastic. :D It was always hilarious using the Game Boy Camera for taking pictures of unsuspecting souls, and then using them as a "Game Face" for the built-in games. The printables in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe were quite good, too.

To say that I'm quite pleased with the spiritual Game Boy Camera follow-up that exists in the firmware of the Nintendo 3DS is an understatement. :p

I had the camera but not the printer! I was kinda hoping this was a thread about using webcams to emulate the gameboy camera with a gameboy emulator! Has anyone done that does anyone know?

I was kinda hoping this was a thread about using webcams to emulate the gameboy camera with a gameboy emulator! Has anyone done that does anyone know?

That's the best damned idea I've seen in a while. I must find out if its been done!

EDIT: apparently GEST has it, not sure if opensource or even Linux :blink:

EDIT2: Opensource but Windows only

Back