Gameboxes

tryone

Hey all!

First this isn't software related nor hardware related but I think it fit's into the beta testing board.
Since we have some guys who make alternative icons and banner for caanoo's menu I got another idea. It came to me when I saw the new game by 2D RetroPerspectives called Jump n Blob. They made a small box, that you can reserve a place for your Game in the cupboard.

The last days I thought about a bit and made a conceptual drawing for a box. The size is near the NDS boxes (approx. 0,5mm higher). I'm planning to make this first for the caanoo but maybe for other consoles like the pandora, too. And then i got the idea to provide a 'Community' - Edition (like 'Platinum' for the PS2) and rate the games to take up here at this board, maybe one game per month. So we also can provide a list of recommend games for the caanoo, pandora, etc.

If someone is interested of beta testing the prototype and have suggestions for the design, download the blank model, color it and glue it and post a picture of it. :)
Comunity-edition normal-edition

Please tell me whether it's good or bad or you don't like it and what I can do better.

lenrlad

PS: The download includes th front and back for the box in normal and community edition and the inside box.
The front side includes also icons for SD card and boxes and the back side the SD holder.
Forgive my poor grammar, please.

lenrlad said:
Hey all!

First this isn't software related nor hardware related but I think it fit's into the beta testing board.
Since we have some guys who make alternative icons and banner for caanoo's menu I got another idea. It came to me when I saw the new game by 2D RetroPerspectives called Jump n Blob. They made a small box, that you can reserve a place for your Game in the cupboard.

The last days I thought about a bit and made a conceptual drawing for a box. The size is near the NDS boxes (approx. 0,5mm higher). I'm planning to make this first for the caanoo but maybe for other consoles like the pandora, too. And then i got the idea to provide a 'Community' - Edition (like 'Platinum' for the PS2) and rate the games to take up here at this board, maybe one game per month. So we also can provide a list of recommend games for the caanoo, pandora, etc.

If someone is interested of beta testing the prototype and have suggestions for the design, download the blank model, color it and glue it and post a picture of it. :)

Please tell me whether it's good or bad or you don't like it and what I can do better.

lenrlad

PS: The download includes th front and back for the box in normal and community edition and the inside box.
The front side includes also icons for SD card and boxes and the back side the SD holder.
Sounds fun; I might try this once I get my hands on some glue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Com64 said:
lenrlad said:
Hey all!

lenrlad

HI!
Have you tried it?
What happened?I think it's Funny at last hahahaha :lol:

johnbriggs said:
Com64 said:
lenrlad said:
Hey all!

lenrlad

HI!
Have you tried it?
What happened?I think it's Funny at last hahahaha :lol:
I've been way too busy to try it... maybe during exams, lol.

Back