Game.com Emulator

gamer2x

Still Fresh
Would a game.com emulator be feasable for the 2X. The biggest problem with this system was the crappy screen with the rubbish refresh rate and it would be great to be able to play it on the 2X. I've never had a chance to play with one of these babies, but it's my understanding that the touchscreen isn't actually used in gameplay: just for the console's PDA-esque functions.

Untill we have decent speed PSX emulation, this would be the only way to play Resident Evil 2 on the GP2X.

http://www.bripro.com/low/gamecom/index.php

Some of the games used the touch screen during gameplay like, Wheel of Fortune, Henry, Lights out, and Jeopardy. It was also used with the menu to enter and exit the games. You could probably make a cursor to replace that function and make it look like the pencil that was used.

Tiger game.com - revolutionary console that used its shitty and blurry LCD to deliver "shades of gray" :)
I wonder what cpu it utilizes?. From looking at its motherboard its very simple construction. It's somewhat similar to Russian "wolf&eggs" games that were Soviet clones of nintendo's "game&watch".

Tiger game.com - revolutionary console that used its shitty and blurry LCD to deliver "shades of gray" :)
I wonder what cpu it utilizes?. From looking at its motherboard its very simple construction. It's somewhat similar to Russian "wolf&eggs" games that were Soviet clones of nintendo's "game&watch".
Do please elaborate on those "wolf&eggs", will you, komrade :)

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC it also had DukeNukem 3D.
It's a shame it didn't work out as it COULD have been a decent little machine :)

I think the NDS would be better to emulate it though ;)
Yeah it had Duke, but you couldn't turn around. You could just go forward, move backward, and strafe. Even so, I guess I had some fun with it.

Jurassic Park was pretty cool on it. Resident Evil was just neat seeing on a handheld... I never finished it because I just couldn't find where else to go. :rolleyes: Frogger and Monopoly were good, too.

Do please elaborate on those "wolf&eggs", will you, komrade :)

- Alex

zajec.jpg

Ok, so back in time, when communism rule the world, and in my country most popular computer was zx spectrum/timex/spectravideo along with shitty atari xl, there came portable games from USSR :) . We never knew about sth like Nintendo or Game watch. Everyone called these just "Russian eggs". Main hero is from famous and wildly appreciated Soviet cartoon "Nu pagadi" (sth like "i'll get you", else "beware of me rabbit" ! )
hasewol3.jpg

Wolf was dumb, often drink, always with a moron but he was very cool :) And this was the only cartoon where "good" characters were smoking and drinking vodka aswell :) Soviet propaganda, heh :)
0199.jpg

(this is the title on the portable game in russian - and lower it is "ELEKTRONIKA NM 02" Elektronika was the state electronic factory in USSR, actually placed in City Winnica, Ukraine. Every electronical Soviet device was produced under brand Elektronika"). It comes with manual that stated even how many bytes memory it has (IIRC about 500 bytes) and ran on two small batteries very long (months) .
So, object in this game is to catch all eggs before they will drop. there was normal&hard mode, (in russian way - game A and game B) extra life after 200 eggs and clock with alarm. It was very hard to get these games, when I bought one unfortunately it has some fault in CPU or sth because when I reach 52 eggs, game ALWAYS froze. :(

Eggs was one of the most popular of these games, and became synonime of "portable handheld"
Game was so insanely popular, that even Speccy version was made :

nm.ZX_nupogodi.jpg

And there were more, eg. "Russian Cook" - rip of the other nintendo game:
ScreenShot6_512x384.jpg

or Octopus :)
ScreenShot.jpg

Try russian nintendo clone :) THERE (with sound)

or this page you can actually PLAY them on your PC (flash simulator, press "pokaż")

There is even PC emulator, which emulates most of them, it's called "Handheld Quake" :)

Hmm... maybe someone someday will port it onto GP2X ??? :)

Alex

I wonder what cpu it utilizes?. From looking at its motherboard its very simple construction.
Specs from Wiki:
Processor Chip / Sharp sm8521 8-Bit CPU
Screen Specs / 192 x 160 resolution,
Color System / Black and White, with 4 gray levels
Sound / Mono, FM-synthesis, 8-bit, PCM

Messiah, I know that wolf! I have two of his books on my desk as we speak. That's one badass wolf, I grew up with him as role model ;) Man I didn't know they made video games of him. Thanks for the clarification :)

Nu pagadi, zaiatz! :lol:

- Alex

ahh memories I got 1 of them it was sort of fun i had batman & robin (best handheld batman since batman returns on the lynx) and lights out (addictive puzzler).

still better than an n gage

I have a game.com...
The Sonic game plays like it has 4 or 5 frames per second... do you really want to emulate that...?

What bugs me is that a console like the Game.com has many more commerical games than the GP2X.

8-bit CPU, huh? Sounds pretty emulatable (emuable?) to me.

They probably sold more too :blink:

Another system that would be cool to emulate is the "GameKing" I know it is lame but sometimes it is cool to have these obscure systems and all oftheir games and only take up 512K on your SD card :)

Ha! I remember seeing the Game.com in a store a looong time ago! I never bought it though. Back then, everything was related to .com, now everything has an i in front of it. In modern times, the game.com would be the iGame.

a gameking emulator would be fun (i still got my GK2...) but a game.com...it yould be cool, but if it had a touchscreen it might be hard imo

Ha! I remember seeing the Game.com in a store a looong time ago! I never bought it though. Back then, everything was related to .com, now everything has an i in front of it. In modern times, the game.com would be the iGame.
I think maybe it was called ".com" because you could hook it up to the internet and get your email on it.

Back