Game.com Emu

kitsune

Still Fresh
Website
yahoo.com
I was thinking about a failed gb competitor a while back called the Game.com by Tiger. Contrary to popular belief, it was a good system with quite a few quality games. It had the support of Sega, too. There was Sonic Jam, Resident Evil 2, Mortal Kombat, and Fighter's Megamix, to name a few.

It shouldn't be too hard for somone to write a gp32 emu of this thing. That would be great.

sounds like a good idea to me, i would use it if is made.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I own a game.com and almost all games. And no they are not quality games (maybe except for the puzzle games). All action games are v.e.r.y. slow, and the 3D titles are 2D ´representations´ of the original game. Only thing that emulation good improve is the horrible blurring screen (think original gameboy with almost dead batteries while shaking your head).

Also Sega did not suport the game.com (nor did Midway or Capcom). Tiger just bought the rights to use the titles of these games.

Despite this still like to see an emu of this, but to say that the game.com was a good system... <_<

I don't think there's any Game.Com emulators at all.. If you want to try one out go to ebay, there's always tonnes of new game.com + games bundles on there. I got my brother a new backlit pocket pro with 6 or 7 games for $30!

The games are all pretty lame, mostly due to the BLUUUUURRRRRRRY screen (VirtuaLeech didn't quite express just how bad the screen is. It's like an original gameboy with almost dead batteries whilst you're shaking your head, have downed a bottle of absinthe and are wearing glasses smeared with vaseline) and the bad framerates. Sonic would actually be decent if it was a bit smoother and clearer.

A game.com emulator is practically impossible. The BIOS has never been dumped as its intergrated into the CPU (or its under it , I can't remember) also, most of the parts inside are complete undocumented, making it impossible to code for.

I have a friend who writes emulators who tried... Progress 0%.

I vaguely remember someone having a crack at it, Judge I think, but as you said it's a bit of a nightmare. It's really not worth the effort

Only thing I ever did with my game.com is playing solitaire... everything else is crap.
Geez, first I was so happy when I heard there is Sonic Jam... but it reminded me of my first basic coding tries.... and believe, I never was quite good ;)

kitsune posted on May 14 2003 said:
It shouldn't be too hard for somone to write a gp32 emu of this thing.
I'm wondering what you based this statement off of.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like an original gameboy with almost dead batteries whilst you're shaking your head, have downed a bottle of absinthe and are wearing glasses smeared with vaseline
:lol: You are so right, I stand corrected :lol:

I think this would also be the hardest part to emulate ;)

Mindar posted on May 14 2003 said:
You know EvilDragon, your avatar picture looks just like my old Bass Guitar teacher. <_< hmm, IS IT YOU?!
Hmmm... IF it is me... then I guess your bass guitar playing sounds pretty... ermmm... interesting...
as I never played bass guitar... :D

Last edited:
Back