G...p...2......x

mainnine

Still Fresh
Website
mainnine.deviantart.com
over the last few days I have noticed a dramatic slowdown in my gp2x and sometimes unresponsive to buttons, so ill have to press it maybe 2 or 3 times. also when trying to run utilities that should take 3 mins to install etc, the screen goes black then immediately returns to the main menu and nothing has changed.

This is the same when trying to install skins. Is there any way to fix any of these issues?

mainnine posted on Feb 27 2006 at 05:47 PM said:
over the last few days I have noticed a dramatic slowdown in my gp2x and sometimes unresponsive to buttons, so ill have to press it maybe 2 or 3 times. also when trying to run utilities that should take 3 mins to install etc, the screen goes black then immediately returns to the main menu and nothing has changed.

This is the same when trying to install skins. Is there any way to fix any of these issues?

Are you installing with the cable or from an SD card?

Last edited by a moderator:
aapje89 posted on Feb 27 2006 at 07:24 PM said:
yaustar posted on Feb 27 2006 at 07:22 PM said:
Have you tried changing the batteries?
why would it go slower with certain batteries?... lol
thats because if you notice every thread with someone having a problem with something, there is always someone that post to change the batteries. Doesn't matter what it is. :p :p

at work everytime some1 complains about broken computer "have you tried pluging it in :D "

anyway.

are you using the CRAMFS firmware. i think i have the problem too im not sure

I'm using 1.4.0 firmware its worked fine til the last few days.

Something else I noticed is that gnuboy ran the zelda oracle of ages rom and some others perfectly fine and now when i choose them it just goes back to the main menu

GNUBoy writes stuff to NAND. Have you been filling your NAND with crap?

Have you put the read-only patch on your NAND?

theoddbot's firmware?

mainnine posted on Feb 27 2006 at 09:02 PM said:
nope still the new version and it ran oracle of ages then bout an hour or so later tried to carry on playing and it didnt work

Could be corruption on the SD card messed up file system, if you have it backed up already just reformat it and everything back over. You could run chkdsk in windows to see if their are any files found, that is amusing your on a windows OS. ;)

GnBouy works for me and I'm using the cramfs firmware.

mainnine posted on Feb 27 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
I have firmware 1.4, the apple os skin and i use mac osx, i havent done anything different, but the gp2x has gotten slower for no reason

NAND anyone?

I mhave oddbots fast boot firmware. Mine sometimes lags. Like i will be playing drmdx and it will skip for a second. I have also notcied this in other games like beat2x. No button problems though

NeoStuey posted on Feb 27 2006 at 04:20 PM said:
mainnine posted on Feb 27 2006 at 09:02 PM said:
nope still the new version and it ran oracle of ages then bout an hour or so later tried to carry on playing and it didnt work

Could be corruption on the SD card messed up file system, if you have it backed up already just reformat it and everything back over. You could run chkdsk in windows to see if their are any files found, that is amusing your on a windows OS. ;)

GnBouy works for me and I'm using the cramfs firmware.

i think it's possible that it could also be fragmenting on the sd card causing slower read times. it's FAT after all so it must get fragmented sometimes. probably when doing stuff like overwriting just an executable but leaving the data files alone.

try doing a format of your card and then putting everything back on, most used stuff first. also try not to put stuff on the card that you don't need.

not saying this will fix it, but something to try at least.

Back