Fw Downgrade 1.2.1 -> 1.1.0?

hmn

I tried to downgrade from FW 1.2.1 to 1.1.0, but
it does not seem to work. While I keep holding "R",
the GPH-Logo just flashes every second or so (seems to be in some reboot loop).

Has anyone successfully downgraded yet?

i've never downgraded, but maybe you need to downgrade to original 1.0 and then upgrade to 1.1. only a hint, i don't take any responsibility :)

Try downloading the firmware again and putting it on your SD card once more - it could be corrupted. I downgraded several times perfectly from 1.2.1 to 1.1.0 ;)

sounds exactly like my problem (when reflashing 1.1.0). I had to use a non HC card, i.e. 1 or 2 gb capacity, as the wiz would not flash it with my 16gb card.

Okay, so now it works :)

Some reasons it might not have worked before:
  • The FW 1.2.1 installation was broken at the time (ie did not boot)
  • SD card lock might have been on (does not seem to matter for FW 1.2.1 though)
  • As suggested, SD card/files might have been corrupted - though it was freshly "mkdosfs"-ed and I checked the MD5 hashes of the FW files before flashing...

hi all

i've a 1.1.0 wiz ..and for now no problem with it . I wanted to upgrade to 1.2.1 ...but i was guessing it is worth? why you guys want to go back to 1.1.0 after upgraded to the latest firmware? it is better i keep my 1.1.0?

tnk

Wizard said:
hi all

i've a 1.1.0 wiz ..and for now no problem with it . I wanted to upgrade to 1.2.1 ...but i was guessing it is worth? why you guys want to go back to 1.1.0 after upgraded to the latest firmware? it is better i keep my 1.1.0?

tnk
there's no much difference in 1.2.1 compared to 1.1.0. IMO it's only worth upgrading if you want to buy commercial games that are delivered on the sd card (propis,the 'liar' thing). they require the new firmware because of some anti-piracy feature implemented.

another difference is, that the 1.2.1 firmware increases display timing rates to nearly 120hz which reduces tearing in lots of applications/games. so if you don't mind the tearing in your apps, keep 1.1.0 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back