Future of production past preorders

Star-Eagle

Still Fresh
Hello everyone.

I've been following the Pyra project for a few years and I'm glad to see it finally come to fruition and with the pre-orders now beginning to be fulfilled a question occurred me, will production run past the the pre-orders?

As much as I would have liked to have pre-ordered one myself, I haven't had been in a position were I could set aside the funds for it so I'm a little bit concerned about how long production of Pyra devices will last.

Im quite unsure about the Case Upgrades: I got used to the Pandora case, and the only issues I had where the unreliable Shoulderbuttons (Foampads) , and some cracking..

I will how to test my Pyra to get some opinions on its case..

The other question: how easy would it for me to change the bottom part to the new one?
The part whit the Battery Compartment would be the only one who maybe need to get change because the not easy to open cover..

Send from something, i guess ^^

ED talked about making a slimmer case, I think it was like Two Months™ ago or so. It would use a slightly slimmer battery though

I rearranged my Left Jeans Pocket EDC a bit to let the Pyra a bit more room :
I have my Notebook now on the other side, and the Flashlight is also on a different pocket, so Pyra shouldnd be an issue..

Reactions: rSl
No but my Pandora and a bit of Eye Scale (Augenmaß) , so I can a bit forsee how much space is needed ^^
Therefore I would like to know when the next batch of emails go out

Edit: “Sense of Proportion , visual judgment “
Seems like I have to look more for the right therms

Last edited:
No but my Pandora and a bit of Eye Scale (Augenmaß) , so I can a bit forsee how much space is needed ^^
Therefore I would like to know when the next batch of emails go out

Edit: “Sense of Proportion , visual judgment “
Seems like I have to look more for the right therms

I don't want to derail the thread too much, but I would say "a bit of eyeballing it" for what I think you're meaning.

Reactions: rSl
ED talked about making a slimmer case, I think it was like Two Months™ ago or so. It would use a slightly slimmer battery though
I think slimmer case would come from slimmer upper (screen) case part. I think there is no room for slimmer bottom part as actually it is a problem for upgrading CPU board (it limits options a lot of), and there is no reason to change battery (using a different battery size would add cost to project) and using a smaller battery would be bad having less usage time.

and there is no reason to change battery (using a different battery size would add cost to project) and using a smaller battery would be bad having less usage time.
If my memory does not fail me, it was supposed to be a smaller one. Maybe the progress on sleep mode will help having a longer unplugged usage to compensate :)

The battery won't become smaller.
But if you look at the battery lid there is a gap of about 1-2 millimeter between the lid and the battery.
That is why some extra plastics had to be added to keep the battery in place.

It was too late to correct that as there was the move to the new case company.

So when the case will be redesigned we can shrink the bottom part for free without any sacrifices.

Same for the lid. there is also about 1 millimeter too much space behind the screen.

So do not worry about the battery. There are no plans to reduce capacity AFAIK.
The only subject people were talking about involving smaller batteries was making a frame to fit old Pandora batteries into the Pyra.

But who wants to open the battery compartment un mandatory?
I dit this once when I inserted the battery, and then for my video about an easy way to insert the battery, but I’m happy if I can keep the battery inserted, also it’s a lot more easy to carry my small 6000 mah Powerbank and a Micro USB Cable then the Pandora Battery although whit the Charging only on a low temperature, it might be better to change the battery..

After I’m now 2 times 2 months whit the Pyra, I’m fine whit the current case..
this thing gots a lot of Charme from its brickness ^^

i would love to buy/preorder one and get it before xmas,

is this possible?
I'd love to get my existing pre-order before Xmas too. Hopefully you might, but I wouldn't count on it... at least until there are signs that production has moved to GC and has ramped up (which I don't think will happen within the first 500 units shipping - someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd rather fill the enpty space with a bigger battery instead of shrinking the housing.
I would rather have the Pyra be larger and the extra space used to house a camera. Though a bigger battery is good too. I have very thin hands yet the Pyra is not too big for even me. Though I also have big pockets.

Back