Future Drmd Release?

@Bast, re more options: yes I agree, boigging DrMD down with all the options people have suggested would, in my mind, completely ruin an already fabulous emulator.

Now.....

DrMD

DrSMS

DrPCE

MY GOD THAT WOULD ROCK.

Reesy, with your marvellous work on DrMD already, and now a planned release of DrSMS down the track, I really do think you could be the man to do it. I've already decided to send you a paypal donation in the next couple of days for your sterling work so far, but if you were to do a PCE emu then I would truly have to go and bury my Credit Card in the back yard :D

I've been testing DrSMS, theres no sound at the moment but Sonic was running full speed at 60Mhz. The SMS uses the same PSG sound chip as the MD so I'll just borrow the PSG sound core from DrMD. Most of the work will be changing the code to compile with the gcc compiler rather than ARM ADS, once thats done all I have to do is add my menu and its done. It will probably take a month to do once I get started.

With regards to porting PCEAdvance, based on my experience of porting DrSMS. It should be relatively simple, the rendering routines have to be written from scratch, I'm sure the sound routines will go straight over. The only problem ( for me anyway ) is that Flubba uses ARM ADS ( maybe ARM SDT ) to develop his programs, so his code would need to be modified to compile on gcc. That will probably be the hardest bit, because he makes alot of use of ARM's memory map functions ( which are bloody useful, I wish there was a equivalent in gcc ). But anyway I'll cross that bridge if I decide to take the project on.

Wow I check this thread and I see reezy talking about some kick ass emulators :p Damm I can't wait for them I need to get an PayPal account :p

*prays*

DrSNES?

Now that would get even me to donate (and I'm a skinflint student!)

What is wrong with DrMD? I think that is worth donating for, especially since it is so good.

These posts make me laugh ;) Reesy is doing all of this nice work on DrMD and everyone is already lining up his next "job", and they didn't even give anything for his current work ;) Lets not get ungrateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is my first post here, first i have to say that you work about DRMD es awesome reesy.
if the next release could emulate thunderforce 4, street fighter, contra and comixzone(when you go to star the first level, the game crash) it's was perfect!!

i would like to can do this things.

see you! this board rocks!

Wow, you started porting DrSms and sonic runs fullspeed without sound at 60 Mhz? Wow that awesome!
If my aunts paypal account still works i'll ask her if i can use her account to give you a few bucks. As DrMD is Excellent!!!
:D

Whatever you choose to work on once DrMD is finished (Which I'm sure will be quite some time from now) I'm Sure it will Rock!!

*Bows Down to Reesy.*

What is wrong with DrMD? I think that is worth donating for, especially since it is so good.

Lets not get ungrateful.

*prays*
(and I'm a skinflint student!)

thats why, and I REALLY not ungrateful, it's amazing the work reesy has put in. But the real reason I bought my GP32 was for the SNES emulation which is good but unfinished, if reesy did it that really would impell even me to donate As for the wild speculation on his next project, can you really blame people when he's done such an amazing job with DrMD

What does the Dr prefix mean anyway?
David Rees'. It's his name. I used to think it was something to do with doctor :blink:

Yeah I sorta thought that as well, especially seeing as sonic was carrying off Dr Mario in the splash screen for the first version

These posts make me laugh ;) Reesy is doing all of this nice work on DrMD and everyone is already lining up his next "job", and they didn't even give anything for his current work ;) Lets not get ungrateful.

I'm with DaveC on this one. One at a time gentlemen, one at a time

Reesy- Dr.MD is amazing. Thank you

hello Reesy
can you emulate correctly one of my favorite md games^^
this name is Landstalker :)

for bugs on the emu : bad sound for mk2, aladdin and other games
on my blu the game : world of illusion make the light out after a little time, i dont understand why...
maybe is batteries but it's just this game with wonder boy
so thanks for your good work !

I think someone mentioned that landstalker works in the latest beta.

Anyway some good news for the beta testers, I've just had a blinding idea on how to make the rendering routines sooo much faster. I'm going to get started on this tonight so by the end of the weekend you should have a new *super* fast beta :) well hopefully if all goes to plan.

I'm not sure at the moment how much faster it will be, but at a rough guess its maybe twice as fast. Its all to do with the way I currently deal with transparencys which I thought I was doing pretty quickly but if this idea pans out it will open a can of whoop ass on my last effort ;)

Later

Reesy

Holy shit! can't wait for it.

And Reesy: thanx for making ComixZone work in beta5! That's my favourite game

Reesy: do you actually use the compatibility tracker (link is somewhere in the news forum)?

I will do, at the moment I've just been working on UI and rendering stuff. But once I'm back onto compatibility stuff I shall be making much use of it.

I will do, at the moment I've just been working on UI and rendering stuff. But once I'm back onto compatibility stuff I shall be making much use of it.

good. I'm just asking, because my GenRen set just finished. If I find some time (lots of stuff to do, two test comming up (Math, Sports) and I still got at least 3 reports to write (english, Physics and history)) i'll put some ROMS onto my SMC and try them. I might give the latest beta to my personal friend who owns a GP32 and will receive the same romset, but only if you allow me to. I won't give it to him until i got your ok for it!

I can't say I'd be happy with you sending the beta to somebody else. I want to keep the beta list to people that have either donated or have contributed something to the gp32 scene.

Why should someone who is just a friend of a donator get a beta when everybody else has to wait?

In the end I can't stop you, so you can do want you want. <_<

Back