FS Pyra and OpenPandora Huge Lot

Youve been psychologically fooled.
On ebay the best strategy is making your max bid at the start of the auction to discourage them to even watch it to the end.
Everyone probably has an idea what is the worth of an auction (where it will end), but they try to get it for a lower price. So they'll probably not open with the actual worth, to make it possible to get is for cheap.
If someone just bids the maximum amount on day one, they might win the auction but they also give people way more time to consider to bid more. If you do it last minute there is less time for others to consider upping their initial appraised value.

Some auction sites offer an option to autobid to the maximum you are willing to spend. It helps with the sniping

Everyone probably has an idea what is the worth of an auction (where it will end), but they try to get it for a lower price. So they'll probably not open with the actual worth, to make it possible to get is for cheap.
If someone just bids the maximum amount on day one, they might win the auction but they also give people way more time to consider to bid more. If you do it last minute there is less time for others to consider upping their initial appraised value.
Again this is a psychological trap that doesnt apply to real life.
Also ebay doesnt work that way, if you bid 100 bucks you still pay 1€ if no one else is bidding.
Such _sniping_ is encouraging other bidders to bid more, thats gamification psychology.
You need them to discourage, not encourage to follow the auction.

Again this is a psychological trap that doesnt apply to real life.
Also ebay doesnt work that way, if you bid 100 bucks you still pay 1€ if no one else is bidding.
Such _sniping_ is encouraging other bidders to bid more, thats gamification psychology.
You need them to discourage, not encourage to follow the auction.
So, you suggest to have two accounts to raise the visible price early on to a level that is not attractive for others?

In my theory, yes.
Never tried doing it with two accounts tho.
Back when i used ebay i usually listed the freshes offers in the field, then bid a 1-3€ on EVERYTHING i could find and more if i actually wanted it.
I usually got stuff cheap.
Eg lot of playstation gear, 2*ps2 + ps mini, buncha good games and controllers, i made the bid with a week remaining. 3 days later some guys where raising the bid by a few lousy cents each and gave up at 5.50 and then this item went completely ignored until the very end where someone raised it to 6 something.
Yea that worked a lot. I also got like tons of cameras and lenses where the bidding just stopped after one try.
Story of becoming a complete hoarder....

Back