Fs: F200 With Busted Lcd

I wonder if it would be easy to switch a working LCD from otherwise, er... damaged MKI to that? Anyone on the know? Or does it need to be touchscreen LCD, otherwise it doesn't work at all... Could one build a non-touchscreen F200?

Oh, stumbled on this.

I believe the MKII screen is compatible, although you won't get touchscreen. The MKI screen will not be compatible. Best for you to e-mail EvilDragon, he will know and might even be able to supply a new screen.

How much do you want for the F200? :D

Did you shatter the touch membrane or just the LCD?

I am very interested as I should be able to rustle up an LCD somewhere and it would help me with testing Open2x and ScummVM. That said, I was sure that the F200 used a WinTek LCD, guess I was wrong if the MK2 LCD works.

Jarska333 said:
I wonder if it would be easy to switch a working LCD from otherwise, er... damaged MKI to that? Anyone on the know? Or does it need to be touchscreen LCD, otherwise it doesn't work at all... Could one build a non-touchscreen F200?
Touch sits on top of LCD, so as long as the touchscreen isn't broken as well, you should be able to put it on top of a new LCD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarska333 said:
Though, what are the chances of a stepped-on touch layer still working...
I'll find out soon enough I guess.

xcen agreed to a very reasonable deal so at worse I have a few more spare GP2X bits.
At best I have somewhere to put a spare MK2 screen.

Jarska333 said:
Though, what are the chances of a stepped-on touch layer still working...
Quite a bit actually. The touch layer is very thin so it's a lot more flexible. I'm by no means an expert on this, but as long as nothing sharp went through the screen, I think it should be OK.

Back