Fruityloops On Gp2x?

P

p00pty

Could we see a basic version of fruityloops on the GP2X or GP32 ??

I remmebr the been a version avalible for PDA's a couple of years back, I have tryed googleing it but didint tuen up much.

It didnt have any sounds/effects with it, Any kicks, snares hats & samples needed to be converted to *.WAV and copyed onto your memory card for you to use.

Il do some more searching and update when i find more info on the PDA versio :)

well you couldn't do much with it if there was a version for the gp2x, right? plus you won't be able to hook up stuff.

I nice little drum programmer wouldn't be to hard to make, it would be ideal for practising an instrument or laying down tracks onto a four track or something.

Hell, a 303 emu would be pretty cool to have aswell!

Forget fruityloops, I want ReBirth that would be ace!

yea a 303 emu would be sweeeeeeeet!!! :D

And yea as lucoxade said, jus a little program for making drum loops would be cool, I have no knolage of whats need to compile such a progam but if i can be of any help to any devs jus gimmie a shout :p

This would be ace!! I know heehaw about programming, but love using computer music progs. Fruity loops being a fave, even back in the good ol' days when it was a basic drum machine!!

Steve

This would be ace!! I know heehaw about programming, but love using computer music progs. Fruity loops being a fave, even back in the good ol' days when it was a basic drum machine!!

Steve

Well, if there are Atari ST and Amiga emulators, and they evolve nicely (and I don't see why not) we've got all the tracker programs on them to use :)

Protracker, TCB Tracker, Quartet, NoiseTracker, and so on.. mmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Well, if there are Atari ST and Amiga emulators, and they evolve nicely (and I don't see why not) we've got all the tracker programs on them to use :)

I forgot about that. I remember when there were 2 kids in my class with STs - me and some other guy, we got such stick from the Amiga bods its unbelievable!! We DID have better sound damn you!!!!

haha

Steve

Steve

I forgot about that. I remember when there were 2 kids in my class with STs - me and some other guy, we got such stick from the Amiga bods its unbelievable!! We DID have better sound damn you!!!!

haha

Steve

Ah, well, actually the only thing the ST had going for it was the built in MIDI interface, which is why it had decent professional music software. As far as trackers and digital sound go, the Amiga kicked the ST's ass, seriously ;)

yea a 303 emu would be sweeeeeeeet!!! :D

And yea as lucoxade said, jus a little program for making drum loops would be cool, I have no knolage of whats need to compile such a progam but if i can be of any help to any devs jus gimmie a shout :p

Considering this is Linux-based, Hydrogen could be possible. I think it might be a bit heavy for the GP2X, though, and I don't know how it would control with just the joystick and buttons.

ok, i'm late to jump on this thread, the site was dieing when i first saw it.

trackers designed for big computers generally suck on handhelds like the gp32/2x/pdas due to the limited interfaces. there have been attempts at trackers on pdas as well that didn't work because of a lack of keyboard ... i've tried a few :eek:

however, there is a tracker designed specifically for gameboy which is actually very fast and comfortable to work in ... it's called LSDj and if we see a good GB/C emulator, it should be playable. from what i hear it's already usable on the psp :ph34r: :rolleyes: ... and you could clunk around in it using rlyeh's fgb emu but the sound emulation there wasn't fully implemented.

anyway here's littlesounddj

on the gameboy front their are also other music making programs that are not nearly as deep and versitle ... nanoloop, Carillon Editor, etc

and there are a slew of other GB/C music programs that are ment to be played like instruments (japenese step girl, etc, and stuff by 8cylinder).

if you'd searched the board for fruityloops, you'd have seen the wub programed a not-so-usable gpMuzic ... it looked like something that could have been fruity loops but it was really hard to use and the samples were ultra distorted. still it was a pioneering effort and worth mention ... i have talked to him and we may see some new music programs from the wub in the future =) ... he is interested in making something big like fruity loops but i personally would like to see something less complicated and easier to use/implement ... i think something more along the lines of hammerhead would work well on the gp32/2x.

and it's almost criminal that i've come this far without mentioning

LittleGPTracker

designed off the interface of LSDj, the piggy is a true sample tracker ... it's in the early stages but is still quite useable--i juse got back from a 2 week tour of europe where i was playing tracks off of the gp32 (as well as LSDj and some audiomulching) ... and everyone wanted to know what it was!

anyway, n0stromo said he will be holding off on gp2x programing and wants to finish the software on the gp32 before porting it to other platforms, but he's working with porting in mind and is at least interested in the gp2x.

finally: a 303 clone would be fun, especially if it had drum machines built in like rebirth AND it had loop export options like fruityloops (when you export loops, the WRAP REMAINDER option in the "looping mode" is so nice! the only reason i keep the demo installed on my machine) ... maybe we could convince oliver of chocopoolp software that it would be worth porting microbe to the gp2x ... i am not even considering bhaji loops because the interface is so dependent on the palm pilot touch screen ... and it's very well designed at that! ;)

LittleGPTracker

Awesome! Awesome that someone is working on a quality tracker for the GP32 and awesome that he is dedicated to polishing off the GP32 version before moving on to GP2X and other platforms :)

What's more it seems to use the "tall screen" style which I can't get enough of, it just looks so classy ;)

I'll definitely be covering LittleGPTracker in the first issue of GP2Brew, thanks for letting us know about it! B)

Kudos to starpause for mentionning me !

here's the two beasts in action:

_mg_2588.jpg

LittleGPTracker

Awesome! Awesome that someone is working on a quality tracker for the GP32 and awesome that he is dedicated to polishing off the GP32 version before moving on to GP2X and other platforms :)

yeah, classy is the right word for LGPT ... if you can click with the LSDj workflow, it's nutz how fast you can realize your musical ideas on a handheld tracker, so much attention has been poured into the interface ... and i simply LOVE the grid-based song editor (also seen in LSDj, buzz, and a few amiga trackers) ... it's perfect for live performance/pattern juggling/djing!

i'm a little sad that the program will be played out on the gp32 first, because i'd like to pawn mine off to a friend and run with just the gp2x ... i've got more little toys around than i know what to do with =( ... but i understand the choice entirely!

hopefully tonight i'll have the time to test the midi I/O i made for GP32 ... last night it was so freezing in my apt i had to go buy window kits ... still too cold ...

hmm, and for a little further self indulgence ... here's a blog of my tour and some more photos from when i played in germany:

http://neoepicureans.com/cgi-bin/chiq.pl?euro_k9d_report

http://forums.slsknet.org/ipb/index.php?showtopic=5257

hopefully tonight i'll have the time to test the midi I/O i made for GP32 ... last night it was so freezing in my apt i had to go buy window kits ... still too cold ...

hmm, and for a little further self indulgence ... here's a blog of my tour and some more photos from when i played in germany:

MIDI!!111!1oneone!

This has to be one of the best uses for a GP32 that I've seen yet :)

BTW, only 40% of the CPU time used so far, how about... A SID fx player as well! Now that would rock B)

Nice work on the sound effects pack too ;)

MIDI!!111!1oneone!

This has to be one of the best uses for a GP32 that I've seen yet :)

BTW, only 40% of the CPU time used so far, how about... A SID fx player as well! Now that would rock B)

Nice work on the sound effects pack too ;)

I went googling for this because I couldn't remember the URL, and I found this, which might be of interest to you. Not really GP32-related, though.

Back