Frontier Elite 2 Port On Psp... Convertable?

Treebiter

Still Fresh
Continuing in a way from DanSolo's post (the Elite theme for those confused), I almost wet myself with joy when I found this: http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-homebrew-games-25616.html

Any chance of a GP2X port? I know we have Amiga emulators which I guess the Amiga version will work on (just a guess, my kickstart files are at my parents house so I haven't tried it yet.) but a GP2X version would find a perminant place on my SD card next to Exult, Scumm and The Ur-quan Masters.

If not, I'll be back again next month with a new suggestion I'm sure. Anyhoo, a big thanks to all those in our community who make the system what it is.

If the source is there then i dont see why it wouldnt be able to have a port to gp2x. I loved this game so much, i must have lost most of my childhood due to playing Elite and Elite II :D

StarG posted on Feb 12 2007 at 08:18 PM said:
I think eliteII could be playable with Dosbox...

It was a laggy game at best. Could Dosbox handle it? If so what about Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (anyone remember that one?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Treebiter posted on Feb 13 2007 at 12:22 PM said:
It was a laggy game at best. Could Dosbox handle it? If so what about Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (anyone remember that one?).
Laggy on what?

As for SWOTL, oh yes, what a great game! I loved zooming around in my ME-262 blasting away at the hapless B-17s! Yee-ha! :)

slaanesh posted on Feb 13 2007 at 01:45 AM said:
Treebiter posted on Feb 13 2007 at 12:22 PM said:
Laggy on what?

As for SWOTL, oh yes, what a great game! I loved zooming around in my ME-262 blasting away at the hapless B-17s! Yee-ha! :)

For the Amiga... I don't know how that relates to dosbox. I'm obviously a tard. :rolleyes:

And the Me-262 was fun, but not as much as the 40-sec Komet flights, firing rockets upwards into the belly of a bomber. Damn, really want to play it again now.

For the Amiga... I don't know how that relates to dosbox. I'm obviously a tard. :rolleyes:
Ah right, Frontier was laggy on the Amiga. Yes, on a stock A500 it would have been horribly.
Possible better on a stock A1200.
I played it purely on a 28Mhz A1200 and it was pretty good!

And the Me-262 was fun, but not as much as the 40-sec Komet flights, firing rockets upwards into the belly of a bomber. Damn, really want to play it again now.
Yep, I think I shot down enough B-17s to turn the tide of the war :)
I played this again about a year ago on VirtualPC on the Mac; was quite fun!
I still have my original boxed set with the expansions: Do-335 Pfeil is one of them.

As for this Fronter 1337 "port":
I'm not sure if it's actually a port as such as the original games were written in vast amounts of ASM with bugger all 'C'.
I heard of a someone modifying the code by hooking into the graphic routines of the original code and running it with OpenGL on nice high-res screens (or something like that). This modified version still needed a 68K emulator to run the original Amiga code though. Is this PSP version doing the same thing?

It's also available on ST, though as with Amiga, horribly laggy. Not because the emulation is laggy, though, in the case of ST, but simply because it was pushing the boundaries of the actual machine quite a bit when it was released.

I tried that port on my PSP, but it was pretty slow.. :/
Didn't try overclocking though

Back