Frodo - Customisable Key Config - Help

TomVS

Website
Visit site
Just rediscovered FRODO and tried to edit the frodogp2x.key file using wordpad. The problem is that when I even change the slightest thing in this file and change the controls in the emulator, the emulator freezes...

Just changing the name of the keymap in the config file is enough to screw things up...

It must have something to do with the format of the textfile. When I use notepad the file is not that readable on screen but when saving here it works...Only it is hard to work with because everything is written on one line...

Is there a way to do it better in like wordpad/ word ? How do you properly save the file ?

Windows Notepad leaves behind invisible formatting that can stuff up Linux software.

People here recommend Notepad++ (Google it) for text editing config files. It solved my similar problems.

I had this problem to so I ended up doing it in ED on the Amiga

Great advice...

I use Notepad++ as suggested and it works...

Great function these custom keys, it should be implemented in others too like uae and winvice, it really compensates fot not having a keyboard. I used it before in the atari st emulator on the gp32...
Frodo seems the first emulator on the gp2x that uses this handy function....
Flight sims on the go....

thank you all

TomVS said:
Great function these custom keys, it should be implemented in others too like uae and winvice, it really compensates fot not having a keyboard. I used it before in the atari st emulator on the gp32...
Frodo seems the first emulator on the gp2x that uses this handy function....

The BBC emulator does it too. I dont know which came first though

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is the RESTORE button missing ???? Just the last key I need !

Does anyone know if it is possibe to press 2 keys at the same time??

TomVS said:
Is it just me or is the RESTORE button missing ???? Just the last key I need !

Does anyone know if it is possibe to press 2 keys at the same time??
do you mean when making a config file or on the virtual keyboard

Last edited by a moderator:
In the config file I cannot find a command for the RESTORE button all the other keys seem to be present... I want to map the commodore restore button to a gp2x button

Two buttons is possible i found out, you, of course have to assign them to two differen gp2x buttons pressing them both results in both keys pressed at the same time (of course) two keys under one gp2x button is not possible I guess (like run/stop + restore)

I bought a copy of Gunship on Ebay... Great game with the customisable keys, except the Restore key is needed to really make it playable.

Yesterday I received F16 combat pilot also from ebay...
Red Strom Rising...

Mainly simulation games since the addition of the programmable keys on the gp2x... It really makes the gp2x a portable C64...
The c64 was my first real computer, it is amazing how playable this simulation games still are after all these years, the graphics need a lot of imagination but the playability, the depth and at the same time the simplicity make them really fun games in the palm of your hand...

Back