Freeze

adelphiaslacker

Still Fresh
I have many different emulators, it seems to be pretty random but my gp2x seems to freeze alot, the screen will just stop moving or during the loading process it just stops. I have the latest firmware 2.0.0 and this is while I am connected to a power source from the wall. Where am I going wrong?

This just "happens" unfortunately. Sometimes it occurs if the GP2x has got too hot (overclocking too high, so wait a few seconds before re-booting), other times it does it for no obvious reasons, probably due to errors in the game you are playing, or more likely, the firmware. Other times you can get a freeze of course is if your batteries are starting to get a lit low.

bacteria posted on Oct 5 2006 at 09:36 AM said:
This just "happens" unfortunately. Sometimes it occurs if the GP2x has got too hot (overclocking too high, so wait a few seconds before re-booting), other times it does it for no obvious reasons, probably due to errors in the game you are playing, or more likely, the firmware. Other times you can get a freeze of course is if your batteries are starting to get a lit low.
The GP2x CPU's dont generate excess heat when overclocking, no matter how high.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not over clocking and once again I am not using batteries, so I don't think either are an issue for me. I'm going to go with its more software releated. I'm just going to try some different emulators. Movies play fine and never lock up, just the games

Back