Brick! Help Me!

[500mhz]

Still Fresh
I have a problem with gp2x.
At start stops on the green screen with an inscription "loading". At me suspicion on breakage of file system.
At attempt of installation firmware 2.0.0 :
1) boot it is put
2) kernel it is put
3) hangs at a format

What will advise to do?

500mhz said:
I waited 1 hour)))
And? Unbricking the full filesystem with the older 1.* firmware could take 12 hours ;).

Give it more then an hour if there are NAND issues, that said, do you have a BoB or serial lead so you can get a log of what is going on?

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately at me is not present BoB and there is no opportunity to receive log file through serial connections

Hm, again, sounds like a lot of bad blocks on the NAND.
That's the only reason I encountered that kind problems yet (and about 4 or 5 I got back for a reflash were suffering from that cause).

That's also why it can take up to 12 hours: The more bad blocks, the longer it takes.
Usually, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

You need a BoB to fix that, as you can only delete the bad blocks (yet) via JTAG...

EvilDragon said:
You need a BoB to fix that, as you can only delete the bad blocks (yet) via JTAG...
how can I use JTAG to delete bad blocks? I've been googling around and found this but never having done anything with JTAG or NAND memory, I must ask, is it THE thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
There exists a small program which you can run via JTAG, a serial port and a special U-Boot (command line via PC) which erases the as bad blocks markings.

I have it lying around on my harddisk somewhere.

Back