New Gp2x - Latest Firmware - Freezing Problems

honglong

Still Fresh
Hi,

I have this model: GP2X - F100 - First Edition

I have just purchased a GP2X. I am using a 1GB SD card and have flashed it to the latest firmware 1.4.0

Everything seems ok, but if i goto the game or explorer part and use the up or down and keep it held down it will scroll down the files and eventually freeze. Sometimes it will freeze if i scroll down one or two files.

The only way to fix this is to turn off and turn on again. This is really annoying.

When i run a program, for example DrMD, it runs perfect. If i goto ROMs and hold down on the joystick it scrolls down the list of ROMS super fast and will do it until i run out of power (in otherwords, it works flawlessly, 100%)

So it only happens when using the built in software/linux and not any software which is run, which indicates a firmware issue.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a known fix?

All help very much appreciated. :)

update:

I updated to the fastboot firmware and now it doesn't lock up but goes back to the main gp2x menu.

any ideas?

I also noticed if I only have a few files in a folder its ok. if I go into the rom folder it locks up. if I goto game and have lots of emu installed, it locks up.

i still have the same problem with any firmware i use.

But i have found a way round it. Using Mocca. Use the option to use this skin instead of the normal linux one and i can run anything i like now.

Mocca rocks! There is just a few small problems though. If Mocca could use the LCD settings in the linux system or if you could tweak the LCD and save this it would be awesome.

Also, if Mocca had extra emu (DrMD for example) and an icon which looked like the actual console for the emu you are running.

Well, it would be the best thing ever! as it is, its saved my GP2X, so i am truly thankful to the maker of Mocca!

might want to contact your supplier about that, might be you have a faulty gp2x.

Back