Free Sdio-stack Available

Last edited by a moderator:
If somebody wants a crack a devving this, then i'll stump up the cash for one and send it on to the dev.

Serious.

calqlater posted on Dec 21 2006 at 09:23 PM said:
Now to convince SanDisk to bring back this thing:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Connect-256-...d/dp/B0002J46ZO

Wifi + flash memory (so you don't have to store games in the nand) = the ultimate GP2X accessory.
It certainly would be useful, of course it might be possible to stream things over to wifi. Even run games, if you have a server at home.

Also I have a 20e Mp3 player with card reader that can connect to the Gp2x straight off as a external storage device, though now that I think about it I'm not sure the Sd slot works. Course if you do that one may as well just use usb wifi... Or Heh heh mod the Gp2x to have two card slots, cheaper and more flexible than 100e wifi with only 256mb of storage.

So anyone interested in the above offer - sounds good, and you get to go down in the books as the one who brought wireless connectivity to the Gp2x!

saboteur posted on Dec 22 2006 at 08:27 AM said:
If somebody wants a crack a devving this, then i'll stump up the cash for one and send it on to the dev.

Serious.

I'll consider doing the same as well. The SDIO card I posted above already has Linux drivers for kernel 2.4.18 so it should in theory work with the GP2X! only crappy thing is what to do with the lack of SD memory what else could be plugged in / used for memory other than the NAND? (which I wouldn't bother using anyway).

EDIT: Also does anyone know of wifi USB sticks with under 180ma draw? The one I posted uses 120-150ma, compared to some sticks that use 400ma+ seems pretty decent.

Zeladin posted on Dec 22 2006 at 12:15 PM said:
It certainly would be useful, of course it might be possible to stream things over to wifi. Even run games, if you have a server at home.

Also I have a 20e Mp3 player with card reader that can connect to the Gp2x straight off as a external storage device, though now that I think about it I'm not sure the Sd slot works. Course if you do that one may as well just use usb wifi... Or Heh heh mod the Gp2x to have two card slots, cheaper and more flexible than 100e wifi with only 256mb of storage.

So anyone interested in the above offer - sounds good, and you get to go down in the books as the one who brought wireless connectivity to the Gp2x!
Someone should make a SD card or usb key which has flash and ram(not flash but something which can be r/w and does not need retain its contents on power off) which can be used as virtual memory, with wifi.

98% of the power drawn by an wifi adapter is used by the transmitter, some cards allow you to dimish transmitter power, so you can buy a powerful one (400mA) and set it up not to use that much power while transmitting... altough it depends on a driver that would allow that interface to be present

This should be added to Open2x. Open2x could have a lightweight graphical web browser(so you have something to use Wifi with).

One that supports CSS and Javascript at least. Flash could be taken care of with the swfdec plugin.

Back