Frame Buffer Writing Only

Keith

Still Fresh
Hi, I have been lurking for a while so as not to post a FAQ so I do apologise if this has been asked a lot . I am deciding on my development setup. I do not want to go as low as assembly or use the SDL. So I am looking at a minimum to have access to the frame buffer (any hardware accelerated blitting functions would be a big plus!). From my reading I have heard about rleh's minilib that maybe does what I want? If so where is it located - I have not been able to find it. Also does it support access to controler and sound hardware?

I also wondered - do people tend to use Visual Studio (I have read the setup on the WIKI) or some other IDE? I have Visual Studio 2005 myself. And finally which of the dev SDKs do people use - I see the official one has an IDE but has older libraries than the (more polular?) devkitGp2X one.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for replying that is really useful. I will give that library a go but I think I will also try to get Vis to work as it is a familiar environment. I suppose there is no debugging possible what with there being no emulator and I doubt a USB cable will give debugging possibilities!

you can open a telnet session over usb and debug with a text interface, or you can send the gdb protocol over usb and debug using a graphical interface.

Back