Fpk Files

argon0

Hmm - well, yes I know I could install them with PCLink - but I've not got a link cable with me, and have got an SMC card reader (I'd rather use that anyway!)...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a PC program to turn these into fxe's and thought that DarkFader was mentioned in the same post - but can't find anything to do that on his site (for PC)...

Anybody got any ideas?

:huh:

The program you are looking for is GP32 Package Extractor (gpex.exe).
Hope that helps.

TVm VL...

I'll look around - but do you have any idea where I can get it?

Thanks VL!

Quick Question about VNS...

Got this idea for a (fairly short) VN (actually a Virtual Comic), based on Judge Dredd Diceman game.... My biggest problem is that virtually all of it would have to be scanned in artwork, with a bit of text and some Dice rolling - as well as holding some variables in memory to add/subtract to/from.. Would this suit VNS?

(Also the Artwork is copyright so not sure if I'll make it or not - I keep meaning to contact the copyright holders but am scared of getting a NO! which puts me off ...)

Argon0

Showing images, displaying text, simulating dices and holding vars and adding/subtracting from them are all possible in VNS, and not so difficult as well.

As for the copyright problem, you may always make a story for your own use and show it to some friends, you are just not allowed to publish it/make money with it.

Another possibiliy is the term "fanwork". When it is not your intention to make money, or make the copyrightholder loose money, any work can be deemed fanwork (just look the countless FinalFantasy sites, Popstar sites etc. on the web). Maybe by calling it fanwork you can get around the copyright problem.

<cheers> VL..

Now I just need a chance to use my Scanner... (time, just wish there was more of it)... Then I can work on it at work...

Back