Forums Up For Adoption

Cew27

right i currently own www.fossforums.org (and.com) and as you can see they are rarely used despite my best efforts. so i am looking for a software project or cause to adopt them. could be for games or for anything that sparks my interest really but i dont want it to go unused.
i will pay for the hosting and will moderate the forum taking load off the dev (if adopted by a software project).
thanks

Cew27 said:
right i currently own www.fossforums.org (and.com) and as you can see they are rarely used despite my best efforts. so i am looking for a software project or cause to adopt them. could be for games or for anything that sparks my interest really but i dont want it to go unused.
i will pay for the hosting and will moderate the forum taking load off the dev (if adopted by a software project).
thanks
That doesn't stand for "Free Open Source Software" does it? As that statement is kind of a tautology making the "Free" redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:
not at all. not all open source software is free.
google foss, then google oss and compare the results

What you really need is a lot more categories. It appears to be one forum dedicated to linux and the rest is off topic.

I'm willing to help out as far as that's concerned, and to promote it as much as I can, but I'm not a software project or cause.

I don't think you'll find many projects, but I don't think that's really what you need. If you can get even 5 more regular members, it would make a difference; and as Nova said, work on the categories a bit.

agreed, i am making an attempt to revive the forum but the reason why the sections are so small at the moment is i dont want to have a huge forum with lots of sections that are all empty but one. when we get a few regular members posting at regular intervals i will exdpand. and once there are > 50 regular users i will be searching for mods.

Cew27 said:
not at all. not all open source software is free.
google foss, then google oss and compare the results
You misinterpreted the meaning of "free" in "free software". It's a common mistake, but they mean free as in freedom, not free as in price.

Last edited by a moderator:
indeed i did not missinterprit it i know the difference between free as in speech and free as in beer

Back