Formatted Smc... Now What?

Lethe

Thew away PSP for a DS! WOOT
Website
Visit site
there were some undeletable files on my smc and it was talking a lot of space so i decided to format my smc with pacrom. after formatting, i tried transferring data to my smc but my pc-link wont work... ive been using gpdrive for a while so i didnt mind this but since my smc was formatted, i dont have gpdrive anymore. anyone know the solution? i do have another smc so im not desperate but thinking about how i paid $50 for this samsung one gets me really irritated.

Lethe posted on Sep 25 2004 at 07:17 PM said:
there were some undeletable files on my smc and it was talking a lot of space so i decided to format my smc with pacrom. after formatting, i tried transferring data to my smc but my pc-link wont work... ive been using gpdrive for a while so i didnt mind this but since my smc was formatted, i dont have gpdrive anymore. anyone know the solution? i do have another smc so im not desperate but thinking about how i paid $50 for this samsung one gets me really irritated.
I have the same prob. My only solution is that I've found that my sisters smart media card reader will read the card, so I have to put on stuff using that. Even gpdrive doesn't really work now either, suppose it might for you once you get it on the card though.

Last edited by a moderator:
not in my area. they dont even sell "smc card readers" anymore. they sell "card readers" which reads 7 different types of cards including smc. its $40...

Lethe posted on Sep 25 2004 at 08:59 PM said:
not in my area. they dont even sell "smc card readers" anymore. they sell "card readers" which reads 7 different types of cards including smc. its $40...
ebuyer.com have an smc reader for $7.35 (excluding delivery, but if delivery for something like this is over $30 then your country is more messed up than I thought ;))

I've no idea if thats a good price or not, but ebuyer in the uk are usually one of the cheapest around for stuff like this.

Edit: Just thought of a possible solution to your problem - I'm sure I saw someone mention once that one of the file managers (can't remember if it was comi or gpfm) can copy files from one smc to another. Insert the smc with gpdrive, in the file manager copy gpdrive, swap smc, then paste.

I know how to do this so ill explain. put you gp drive and comi on your working card. Start comi. Select gpdrive.fxe or what ever you name it then select copy. Swap your SMC's around and then put it on your other one. And now you have gp drive.

ok ill try it out although it sounds unsafe

comi's copy function doesnt work... are you sure about this?

Lethe posted on Sep 26 2004 at 02:07 AM said:
other file manager? ... there are quiet a few...
woogal said:
(can't remember if it was comi or gpfm)
Am I invisible or something? Sam Fisher copies my post almost word for word, and then you don't even see the bit where I told you which two file managers to try?

Am I invisible or something? Sam Fisher copies my post almost word for word, and then you don't even see the bit where I told you which two file managers to try?

sorry i didnt read yur post after you edited it. and sam... no wonder some ppl call you spam fisher, shame on you

Back