Formating My 1gb Sd Card

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Yeah I got a 1gb Ultra ll Sandisk SD card. It is on the confirmed working list, but I cant get it to format with my digi cam, it always winds up saying 'windows was unable to format the card'

When I use the card reader to format it, it works fine and I can dump files onto it. But it doesn’t work in the gp2x when I use that format, people say I have to use a digi cam, or a pda to format it. I only got a digi camera and it does the above.

Is there any other solution like a fix/program i could use for the cam or SD card reader? Because I really want to use this one since its 66x and would be great to use.

Thanks, Drak.

Oh, and it would help if people posted what kind of cam they used, I got friends with digi cams and I could use there’s possibly.

My parents cam is a Centrios 4.0 mega pixel one, and it uses USB 1.1 :p

Code:
Small Update:
I tried formating it to FAT instead with the camera, but it corrupts the card and puts 9gb of unaccessable data onto it :P

I ran into the same problem with my sandisk 2GB ultra II that i ordered off of ebay. After trying multiple card readers and operating systems (windows and linux) I sent it back. They refunded me for my money (well, except the $15 shipping!) but they sent me an e-mail saying that it works perfectly for them and they don't know why I returned it.....

I ran into the same problem with my sandisk 2GB ultra II that i ordered off of ebay. After trying multiple card readers and operating systems (windows and linux) I sent it back. They refunded me for my money (well, except the $15 shipping!) but they sent me an e-mail saying that it works perfectly for them and they don't know why I returned it.....

What card did you get to replace it?

Last edited by a moderator:
None, yet. I already had a 1GB Kingston so that's what I am using right now. However, 1GB isn't really enough for me because I like to have a lot of games, movies, and music, and I am having trouble fitting it all on 1GB.

yes, kingston works. When looking for a 2GB SD card I decided not to get a kingston because it is slow. When transfering small files this is fine, but when I am transferring 500MB playstation games or movies it takes quite awhile.

yes, kingston works. When looking for a 2GB SD card I decided not to get a kingston because it is slow. When transfering small files this is fine, but when I am transferring 500MB playstation games or movies it takes quite awhile.

Okay, im going to try and format it with a few of my budides cams.. if it dont work ill prob return/sell it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back