Forgotten Gems

timeslip

There`s already a post going for best game ever but I thought i`d start something a little differently. Amazing games for gp32 emulated systems that are forgotten gems that nobody else remembers - And since noone else is gonna remember it give a brief description of it !!!

My contribution - Tower Of Babel for st/amiga (works with castaway)

Its a 3d puzzler where u control 3 robots one that pushes objects,one that shoots and one that collects items.

You control the 3 robots in realtime 3D working thro mazes solving puzzles and collecting gold.
Its also got a kick ass editor

If you like puzzle games you gonna love this one

Its gotta be Unirally (Uniracers outside of europe) on the SNES.
It was'nt that well recieved when it came out back in the mid 90's,
but those who are in the know will remember how much fun the game became once you mastered it.
The mix of intense racing and crazy-ass stunts still has me hooked!

Fans of racing games looking for something different should track it down.

I dont know if this a forgotten gem, but Ball Bullet Gun on the snes.

Verison ive got is in japanese, and as i cant read japanese took a little while to work out - worth the effort i think, but maybe translated enough by now.

its a bb gun (the little plastic pellet guns) strategy turn based game. anyway, you play as a team, you move all your team members then cpu moves theirs. the object either to eliminate the enemy team, capture the flag as well as other missons. you can set up your team, with uzi's, sniper rifles, pistols etc very nice game maps include jungle areas, office areas to name a few.

This is played from a slight diagonal top down view, dont know what youd call it.

If you like turn based games look it up - only thing if your gonna run it on gp snes emu, sometimes the windowed menu area freaks out a little, but that doesnt stop the fun :)

timeslip posted on May 22 2004 at 01:35 PM said:
My contribution - Tower Of Babel for st/amiga (works with castaway)
Oh man, I remember Tower of Babel on the Amiga! Sadly I lost the instructions and couldn't get past the copy protection thing. I've not got myself a copy of the ST version though...

Last edited by a moderator:
RISTAR!!!!!

a quirky little platformer on the genisis where you play as a star like creature with extendable arms.

i know it sounds weird but its well addictive and you can really develop your skills for it lol :D

Kid Chameleon, Genesis.

A kid in a holographic game world, acquires different helmets, each transforming him into characters with different abilities and powers. It has literally hundreds of levels and many hidden areas to explore.

Longest. Game. EVER! I swear, we were stuck on this one level (bloody spike swamp) for months! Never did finish it ... hope fDave or Rlyeh work out save states in their emus soon :lol:

Draconus and Zybex for Atari 8 bit (there are version for C64 but i preffer atari versions). Great games (draconus is a platformer, zybex shooter). IMHO both feature one of the best game musics of all time. :)) They have also great gameplay as well. Anyway those are the titles I play all time on GP32 Atari emu.
There is also River Raid (atari/c64). Simple graphics, no music but amazing gameplay. Unfortunately game looses its fun when played on emulator.

There is also Story of Thor aka Beyond the Oasis for Genesis (works well in both Gen emus). Simply one of the most impressive games for Sega Genesis. Beautifull GFX and gameplay. The second one is Comix Zone. You just need to play this game to understand its beauty :)

hando posted on May 23 2004 at 08:13 AM said:
The second one is Comix Zone. You just need to play this game to understand its beauty :)
Comix zone is brilliant...

Also give Paranorma Cotton for the genesis, though not on the GP yet, sadly; the opcodes for it are either buggy or unemulated so far. Probably the nicest Mode7/Space-Harrier style game I've ever played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hellfire on the genesis is a great shooter.

I also think Vectorman 1 & 2 on genesis are great, but I haven't tested them on giga or fgen. And I suppose they aren't really "hidden" gems either.

Uncharted Waters 2 for the SNES. A perfect mix of Pirates! and Final Fantasy.

U.N squadron
i don't know if it's little known or not but its a fantastic horizontal shooter with loads of weapons planes and levels, but what really seperates it from other shooters are the fantastic bombing missions. pure genius!

its on the snes

Micro Machines of the Megadrive.

It was novel in the fact that it had an extra two control ports on the top of the game and by sharing controllers you could have eight people play at once, the fun we had on that thing!

200th post, w00t!

Unirally on the SNES was a good call, but I'm off for Mega-lo-Mania, also on the SNES (and possibly other systems?).

It was like Civilisation, but less tedious when you got a large number of people. Man, I loved that game.

@LHC : Megalomania is available on PC , ST and Amiga too
(so maybe it runs on Castaway, didnt try it yet)

an impressive Gameboy game : "Prehistorik Man" , not really well emulated on gp32 , because too many "demo-scene" effects , this game was done by Elmar Krieger who also did the CPC version , that was one of the most impressive CPC game ever on CPC+ series . It features Rasters , "starwars-like" text scrolling and many other effects . Have to se it to believe that a GB is able to do that !

CPC game : Xyphoes Fantasy is a PURE Gem

Qing

Back