For The Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Giepi

Still Fresh
Hi!
I've seen that a great game based on Europa Universalis II has just come out! I have contacted them in their forum as this project is community-driven even if it's Paradox selling it. I'm asking them if a port to Pandora could ever be made, so if you want to intervene, or see a possible reply give a look at here...
Let's hope there's a chance!

* is it ok this post? I dunno .-P Mods, feel free to delete *

Is this a Youtube video of the game? I'm not really understanding what it is, is it like Risk just with a lot more depth? I never played the original game. I really like Risk, it's one of my favorite board games, but I've never played a good digital interpretation of it.

Since this is a commercial game that could possibly be ported to the Pandora if it's as community driven as you say I hope the mods don't think 'just another game' and lock this thread or combine it with another. I haven't seen that in a while. We need something else to talk about other than release dates, look at the threads right now, really negative.

lulzfish said:
Nah, a killer application is something simpler that doesn't involve history or geography.
I'm thinking a hovercraft racing game.
I agree it's not a killer application, but it would be great to have any commercial game on the Pandora. I actually like History, so I think I would enjoy this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
lulzfish said:
Nah, a killer application is something simpler that doesn't involve history or geography.

Why not devils on hogs? .-P I was actually a bit ironic on the term killer app... It would be a killer app for ME undoubtedly but as latins say "we cannot argue about taste". This game is a development of the second version of europa universalis (they are actually at the Third) which is commercial and closed source (and pretty fast for modern hw... and once optimized I think it could be very well adapted to the pandora). What has made this interesting to me pandora side is that it has been actually developed by the forum community of Paradox and it has become an "official game", in some way even endorsed by the motherhouse of the serie. I think they opened in some way the source to them or something like it. In this condition, I think that if we ask them, they could be interested in making some sort of release, given that they accept and they find someone who could port it to ARM... Maybe it could result in nothing but... I asked myself: why not try? So I posted here and in the other forum (still no reply :( ).

Europa Universalis is a strategic and quite renowned in its genre serie of games. You choose a nation from a period spanning from 15 century to the fall of Napoleon and play with it diplomatically, managing army and wars, annexing, colonizing the new world and this sort of things. Given that the only interface is the map of the world (and few menus) I've always thought it could be well adapted to the touchscreen of the Pandora...

0 A.D. would be fine for me ;)
openanno seems to get in shape, too.
But then, I'm a big fan of risk, so this would be very interesting.

If some arm expert willing to do the job would contact For The Glory group, I think we could have a chance with'em :/

Giepi said:
If some arm expert willing to do the job would contact For The Glory group, I think we could have a chance with'em :/
I think if it is community driven/made then there is a better chance of it getting ported. It still is a commercial game though, we need to wait and see how commercial game distribution pans out on the Pandora. If the OP team makes a pay-per-app repository, a.k.a. an app store, I think a lot of game developers would look more into porting games to the Pandora.

I said game developers would look, not necessarily port, only time will tell.

Just watch out for New Super Mario World ;) (GL Basic Fan Game by me) arriving on Pandora, not a killer app,
but it will be Marios premiere on Pandora :D

nabz32x said:
Just watch out for New Super Mario World ;) (GL Basic Fan Game by me) arriving on Pandora, not a killer app,
but it will be Marios premiere on Pandora :D
Saw that on PandoraToday, looks really nice!

I just noticed this game came out on Steam. Might be that'll earn em enough customers to not have to worry about the Pandora

lulzfish said:

What about Lasers and Sharks?

CameronCross said:
lulzfish said:

Sharks riding hovercrafts shooting lasers at other sharks on hovercrafts?

CameronCross said:
lulzfish said:

Sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads? I'm in!

Back