Flv To Avi

adrifter

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
but it went all funky on me... anyone know a free program that will convert flv to avi that is easy to use? I heard that 25 meg program super is good.. but it says you need 20 gig free on your hard drive... and thats not happening... i really liked vemode cuz it optimized for the gp2x... any ideas?

The 20GB HDD space requirement is only for ripping and encoding DVDs, because you have to rip them raw to your HDD to do anything. Super© is an amazing encoder, and you should use it.

I use Imtoo Mpeg encoder for 90% of my encinding most formats (mpeg1-2-4, avi,xvid,divx,3gp,3ggp2,mp3,mp4 etc) the trial only has a 5 minute max on it boo but if you doing small files its fine.

FLV isnt listed on conversion but drag the file into the window and it does work.I use it for ALOT of youtube videos

for the other 10% (for that incredibly rare sync issue) I use roxio Videowave 8 PRO but thats a paid only program.

i dont have 20gb free hd space and it works fine for me... i think its mainly for converting to dvd that you need the extra space

thanks... for the info... i think i wanna try it. last night i actually started downloading the darn thing (the link was kinda hard to find) but quit when i read the 20gig req.,,,

based on your opinions-- i tried again, but cant get a download to start... i just got stuck in this stupid loop of going between the home page, to the redirect page, to the 4 download buttons page, and then right back to the home page--- i couldnt get anything to download... is there anything i can do to get this working?

as for the idea of using the 5 min max limit software, im using youtubes i find on peekvid cuz i wanna convert em to take on the go. these are usually about 8-10 min per part... also, there are some japanese dramas i wanna save, and they are on youtube too... same file sizes, wanna take them on the go too and they are hard to find anywhere else... im downloading the flvs anyway... so they dont dissapear, but i dont want a collection of flvs... but thanks for the idea, ill check out the software, and if its cheap... i might buy it

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you miss it?
http://www.erightsoft.com/S5l01.html
Scroll all the way down, it has 4 different mirrors for the download.

It'd be a shame to actually spend money on a product whilst Super does all that and more for free.

its not that i couldnt find it... if you look in the post you responded to, i mention the four download links... the problem was, that no matter which one i clicked... i just got booted back to the main page with the three freeware pics... it just kept cycling me... pissed me off...

actually just looked at the build, then searched for it off site, though they say not to... figured it was a reputable software hub, ran it through a couple of virus checks... and am currently enjoying prison breaks newest episode on my gp2x curtesy of peekvid and youtube... had already seen it... on peekvid... but going portable is sooooo sweet... plus using keepvid, i can watch them on peekvid while i download 4 parts simultaneously...i have the files in like 4 min, and all reencoded within 10... 15 min beats the hell out of torrents man... i even like the fact its in parts cuz, i can skip forward, or backwards more easily... like chapters on a dvd... just wish it didnt say loading... but i can live with it...

thanks for all the help and advice.. i wouldnt have chanced the super cuz its such a big file... but... this is great. anyone else use it in a similar way? anyother tips, hints?

I *really* hate the Super© website. You can get Super© here instead.

i know what you mean... its free, so its hard to complain cuz it does so much... but i was already hooked, and didnt need 3 pages of why this-software-is-great-even-though-its-free speel... just let me get to it already!

alltoavi works fine for what I do. It's really simple to use too. Just make sure it doesn't go past 640x480 res if your using it for a gp2x.

320*240 you idiot.

Fail.

Your gp2x automatically resizes all the way UP to 640x480.

FAIL.

2 reasons:

1.It resizes ALL, except 320x(240 or less) regardless of resolution.

2.It takes a lot more battery power to resize and process higher resolutions. Use 320x(anything lower than 240).

I might have gotten the threshold wrong, but go play a 720 x 500 or something file. Tell me what happens.

not to wander too far off the youre an idiot and dont know what youre talking about tangent... wink wink...

super seems to imply that it downloads streaming vids... does this mean it will take youtube and dailymotion vids ? i mean, ive tried, but it didnt work... what other streaming vids would you be trying to capture though recently?

thanks
d

not to wander too far off the youre an idiot and dont know what youre talking about tangent... wink wink...

super seems to imply that it downloads streaming vids... does this mean it will take youtube and dailymotion vids ? i mean, ive tried, but it didnt work... what other streaming vids would you be trying to capture though recently?

thanks
d

If you happen to use firefox, you can just use videodownloader.

Here's the addon link https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/

Back