Flashing my firmware with the new European one.

empee posted on Oct 23 2003 at 07:14 AM said:
and about voiding warranty.. i really doubt gamepark wouldn't fix your gp32 for you even if you used some "non-official" flasher..
as it takes few minutes of their time to flash new fw with jtag..

but i'll still wait for multifw3 before flashing anything else to my gp32 ;)
I hope this is true as I managed to screw up my GP32 when flashing back to pacrom... the machine won't boot anymore at all :(

Can anyone tell me a way to fix my machine at home? Or does anyone offer a repair service for idiots like me?

Last edited by a moderator:
flashed mine my accident last night...it's crap...
changed back to multi for pacrom.....
you should all do the same....(last bit's a joke...don't blame me if u f#$% up)

Vince posted on Oct 23 2003 at 04:42 PM said:
frogger: contact mr_spiv
He's got all the JTAG stuff to reflash you f/w. You will not be th first one to use that servive. Check here : http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jikorhon/condev/gp32/

HTH,

Vince
Thanks Vince,

I've already mailed the great mr spiv, I really hope he can help!

What would be really great is if there was some way to buy the JTAG cable and software to fix the problem - I know I'd buy one (obviously!) but it also makes more sense than sending a GP32 thru the post a few times where it could get damaged even more (he says thinking of his local postman).

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it better than windups and the old bios problem is i can't play GPPang :((

but i just launch freelauncher from the new bios to play it ;)

but this does make u think when they said the english games might not work on the korean handhelds ;)

:ph34r:

What's the good thing about using Pacrom? Why do you guys perfer it over the new and the original firmware? I might flash my firmware again to it.

Back